User Tag List

Thread: Insurance claim help.....

Default Insurance claim help.....

So last Saturday I was side swiped on my way to work, passenger rear door and quarter panel need fixing. I going through my insurance so they can do the leg work instead of me, and it doesn't cost me and I don't lose any ratings.
    My drama comes with the choice of repairer which according to NRMA insurance policy I have this. So I took my car to where I wanted to go and got a quote, around 1600 to fix, I also got a quote from grand Prix Mazda and again 1600. My choice is BCM body repairs on Ipswich road who are contracted to Mazda, so naturally I want to go there to get it done. I got a text from NRMA today saying to ring "The spray shop" panel beaters and organize a time to get it fixed.......?
    I rang and they said it was $400 cheaper then BCM and they have to take a fair and just quote and that's who they chose.
    My question is why so much cheaper......website looks like shit!!!
    And had anyone had this problem and what did you do or say to fix the situation, and who did you talk to at you insurance company to get it sorted.

I always thought choice of repairer was exactly that!!!!

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:39 PM ----------

Also forgot to mention, both BCM, and Grand Prix are NRMA recommended repairers.
    All Things 2XS

I got one quote from Grand Prix and that was all i needed because they were a prefered repairer and the fact I needed a loan car was a bonus..... Absolute bullshit Dwayne, put your foot down.the rep for NRMA is probably getting a cut from this seen this before.

That's exactly what I thought......

I think maybe you should talk to your insurance to see if they can get BCM to do it. Those guys are great. Especially when you get a choice as well, i dont see why they can just force u to go to some other place.

Once you see the Assessor, they send your job and to quote and see who comes back with a price. You then get to choose from those companies who respond. Those company's are generally close to where you live. So you do have a choice, but only from those who tender for the work. I got the "fair" bullshit excuse as well.

Yeah I wouldnt swallow that tripe either.

Just tell them that you only trust this repairer, and they are NRMA recommended, that should take care of it.

If they still give you trouble, speak to their supervisor, that should sort it out pretty quick.

I will, and the place they want me to go is rocklea......I live Lutwyche so not local at all...neither is BCM but would put myself out to have them fix it.

What a crock! They want you to cross town??? No way.