User Tag List

Thread: Sat Nav in MPS

Default Sat Nav in MPS

My comments on the Whereis site on July 16. Still waiting for a reply. Has anyone else had issues with this useless system The cost of an update is $295.
    My wifes Maza 2 when in for a service on the 11/10 and a luck would have it there was a meeting with the Dealer Principal and senior management from Mazda Ausrralia, I expressed my concerns and to date no feed back.

Whereis® I Mazda3 GPS review I Mazda - Sensis

Bought Mazda 3 MPS in June 2011, I waited over 3 months for delivery. Mid June I drove from Adelaide to Mayfield Newcastle NSW Programed the vehicle satnav for Mayfield , this second rate unit sent us via Melbourne, the time we realised we were going the wrong way it cost us a hour and 100 Klms, It does not show streets and has sent me into fields, off bridges and is a very basis unit. My Tomtom GO730 (4 Yrs old)(map updates every 3 months) is superior in every way and I will be addressing this issue with the dealer in the strongest possibe terms. (see above) It appears Mazda are selling vehicles as new with an outdated system that in 2009 was already out of date.
    If you have problems with the Sat Nav, speak to your dealer..........

sorry to hijack your thread.... however, does anyone know why the GPS wont update my clock to the latest time for daylight saving... there is no way to manually set the clock time!! ghey!

Quote Originally Posted by Bensai View Post
    sorry to hijack your thread.... however, does anyone know why the GPS wont update my clock to the latest time for daylight saving... there is no way to manually set the clock time!! ghey!
    lol

you are not the first to try and change the clock via the GPS.

press the H (ie stands for Hours) button under the hazard button on the centre consol.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMPS View Post
    lol

you are not the first to try and change the clock via the GPS.

press the H (ie stands for Hours) button under the hazard button on the centre consol.
    I remember my first daylight savings time and the swearing at the sat nav that went with it.

I think every single Gen II owner has gone through this.

The clock is displayed on the sat nav screen, it makes perfect sense for it to be a setting within the menu there.

For the first two years I owned my car I had to ask my dealer to set the time when DST started and ended, not ONCE did they tell me that you can use those stupid buttons to change the time, who the hell looks at the dash for hard buttons when the time is being displayed via the satnav screen, epic facepalm when I figured it out for myself. I'm sure the workshop boys had a good giggle at my expense.

As for map updates, no way I'm paying $300 for mine, I'm looking at buying a new head unit with GPS for just a little more.
    'oh, that's what that yellow car is for, I thought it was the "you're doing great" light!'