User Tag List

Thread: Optimum Spray Compound

Default Optimum Spray Compound

Hi Dan i knew you would read this post
    The finish you achieved on those 2 RX8s was absolutly amazing you have inspired me to get my true red half as good
    just wanted to know what was your opinion of the OP spray compound as i have just bought some from zas
    Also purchased a Concours 900 da polisher kit with menzerna sample kit and also 4 lc foam pads have you heard about anyone else with this brand of polisher
    Sorry to pick your brain would you ever use OP spray wax or would you recommend traditional style wax
    If i can t get it right this time im coming to see you
    ps dont know how to private message
    thanks for any input regards michael

Quote Originally Posted by gensei View Post
    Hi Dan i knew you would read this post
    The finish you achieved on those 2 RX8s was absolutly amazing you have inspired me to get my true red half as good
    just wanted to know what was your opinion of the OP spray compound as i have just bought some from zas
    Also purchased a Concours 900 da polisher kit with menzerna sample kit and also 4 lc foam pads have you heard about anyone else with this brand of polisher
    Sorry to pick your brain would you ever use OP spray wax or would you recommend traditional style wax
    If i can t get it right this time im coming to see you
    ps dont know how to private message
    thanks for any input regards michael
    Hi Michael,

Firstly, thanks for your kind words re the two black RX8s. They both took a lot of time to get to that point and I'm glad both owners were happy with the results

Re Optimum Hyper Spray Compound, it's one of the products I use and have been very impressed with it. Works well with both DA and Rotary polishers. Suitable for heavy compounding all the way to light finishing. Very versatile, works clean, and adjusts itself depending on what strength pad you use.

Also, you're dealing with Joel at ZAS, who's just about one of the best online retailers I've ever had the pleasure of dealing with (shout out to Joel )

The Concours 900 polisher seems to be a fairly popular unit. Have not used one myself, but seems to be quite effective, especially for people starting out with paint correction.

It won't have the same 'oomph' as a good rotary polisher or higher spec DA polishers like the Flex VRG, but it should be relatively easy to use and you should still see some reasonable results if you're patient and careful.

LC pads are good. Highly recommend them. Not sure how many pads you have, but for any sort of decent correction work, I'd have a min of around 6 pads (1 x LC Hydrotech Cyan Heavy cut, 3 x LC Orange CCS Medium pads, 2 x LC Hydrotech Finishing pads)...... buy from Joel @ ZAS, he'll give you a better deal than the Vic supplier you'd have bought the Concours polisher from

I've not used the Optimum Spray Wax before, It's on my long list of products to try, just havent gotten there yet. Being an Optimum product though, it will be of a high quality (I rate Optimum products very highly and use A LOT of them lol).

My current wax of choice is Prima Banana Gloss. Goes down easy and comes off just as easy. Brilliant results too.

Let me know how you go. There are lots of YouTube vids out there on how to effectively use DA polishers. Just remember to work small areas at a time and be patient

Good luck. Let me know how you fare

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 28-10-2011 at 03:33 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Thanks for the feedback Dan really appreciate it
    Will definately let you know how i go
    could you possibly tell me how to do a pm just in case i need to make a booking with you if everthing goes pear shaped

Quote Originally Posted by gensei View Post
    Thanks for the feedback Dan really appreciate it
    Will definately let you know how i go
    could you possibly tell me how to do a pm just in case i need to make a booking with you if everthing goes pear shaped
    No probs mate

Re PM, easiest way is to click on my name next to my pic at the top of my post ^

Then click "Private Message" when the menu comes up

Dan
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 28-10-2011 at 10:11 PM.
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Hi Michael,
    (shout out to Joel )
    Word to your mother (vanilla ice)

Quote Originally Posted by ZAS View Post
    Word to your mother (vanilla ice)
    Would you believe he's apparently playing at the pub opposite Doncaster Shoppingtown here in Melb?? Saw it yesterday driving past. Damned near passed out from laughing!

http://www.shoppingtownhotel.com.au/shows.html

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk
    Last edited by Caffeine Fiend; 30-10-2011 at 02:24 PM.