User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help! car jerks under light acceleration

1. Default help! car jerks under light acceleration

Hi All I need some help. Tried the search button but cant find anything that is similar to my problem. My car is a 2007 3 mps
    When I accelerate slowly between 2300rmp to about 3200rpm in 2nd and 3rd gear( like accelerating in traffic.) My car seems to jerk a lot but after that it seems to be fine. I cleaned the MAF but it still will do it. I took it to my Mazda service department and they said to me that all the 3 mps’s do it. i don’t believe that one bit. Coz I have owned another mps in the past and it had no problem with this at all.

It seems to be jerk harder when the aircon is on.
    Anyone had this problem at all and know how to fix it?

Stock BPV or Aftermarket?

Could be dirty air filter, or fouled/old spark plugs.

3. Default

Aftermarket bov its a turbostart dualport. I just put a new ces sri on but is still will do it.
    Do you think i should put the standard bov on and see if it still happens?

Is the engine cutting when it does the shuddering? Or does it just drop any power?
    I broke my boost solenoid a few weeks ago and tried the glue trick, and now all of a sudden it's started doing this funny shuddering under load too - only when boost is coming into the positive - and my guess is that it's now not getting a constant signal to the computer. I don't know if that's going to be totally useless info for you, but if the car isn't physically cutting as per spark going out or something, shuddering like that sounds like a boost issue.

5. Default

It abit like the car is bunny hopping. Not a shudder as such. Its hard to explain.

Are you on stock REM?

I totally logged in just now to ask a similar question... Except mine is 1000-2000 RPM in 1st... During stop start traffic in otherwords.
    Drives me crazy because I'm sure this is why my clutch was worn so early, the only way to keep it smooth is hold the clutch in and bring the revs up to about 1800-2000...
    And forget having the clutch out with no throttle, as rough as a 12yo learning to drive a manual on a bit of property.

But yeah, aftermarket BOV and all that... I thought it would have something to do with the Fuel or the Air/Fuel.

I cant believe that the Mazda Service Dept said that all the 3MPS's do it. What a buch of f@rkw!ts.......i cant believe they think people are that stupid to accept that sort of rubbish.

Switch back to the factory BPV and see if it still happens.

If it's OK with that, then give your Turbosmart valve a service, make sure it's lubed enough to move freely. If the spring is adjustable it could also be too stiff, so loosen it a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by AD07 View Post
    I cant believe that the Mazda Service Dept said that all the 3MPS's do it. What a buch of f@rkw!ts.......i cant believe they think people are that stupid to accept that sort of rubbish.
    Indeed bunch of wankers. Vacuum leak perhaps?

11. Default

yeah i switch back to the standard BOV. but still seems to be the same. Anyone know a good mechanic south of brisbane that know what they are looking at?

yeah troy (2XS) is very reputable on the forums here, try a PM to him

Ice

13. Default

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    Are you on stock REM?
    it was doing it before i changed the stock REM. dew to it being stuffed. and its still the same.

Mine did the same thing specially when the car wasnt up to operating temp. installed a ht sport and it fixed the problem. smooth as now

Quote Originally Posted by Siddo View Post
    Mine did the same thing specially when the car wasnt up to operating temp. installed a ht sport and it fixed the problem. smooth as now
    Deleted top bit after reading more.
    -----

Lawsoo, you JUST installed a SRI? If all was working well before you changed something, it's the thing you just changed which is the problem.

Have you reset the ECU lately (especially after the change of intake). Do this and take it easy for 50km or so to let your fuel trims settle down. If you've done this already, then check for air leaks around your intake (too loose or overtight clamps) and the electrical connection of your MAF (especially if you've been moving it around to install the SRI and you cleaned it).

Thought of another thing...you guys are running oiled K&N filters right? Your filter could have too much oil on it.
    Last edited by TD; 28-10-2011 at 09:20 PM.

Clean the maf and try again, oiled filters plus maf = oily maf = jerking :-)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

18. Default

the car has been doing it when it was fully stock. only put the BOV and SRI on in the last week. im thinking a air leak somewhere. ECU has been reset.
    With the electrical connection of the MAF, what should i clean it with? circuit board cleaner??? or something else?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Siddo View Post
    sorry mate what is a ht sport?

do any lights flash at all when its jerking , could be as simple as stretching the spark plug coils?

Not sure if ya wanna hear this but my 2011 Gen2 MPS 3 is only 10 weeks old and it jerks slightly in 4th & 5th when i slowly accelerate some more. Like yourself, the mazda service team said thats what MPS's do. Sometimes i think its a cop out when they say that, but hey, im no mechanic 😏 It probably would annoy me more if it was happening in 2nd & 3rd like yours though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast