User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: help! car jerks under light acceleration

Quote Originally Posted by lawsoo View Post
    the car has been doing it when it was fully stock. only put the BOV and SRI on in the last week. im thinking a air leak somewhere. ECU has been reset.
    With the electrical connection of the MAF, what should i clean it with? circuit board cleaner??? or something else?

---------- Post added at 10:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

sorry mate what is a ht sport?
    Hey mate there is s how to on here.
    Electrical contact cleaner and dont drop it or touch the sensor

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I've been thinking more on this, the only car I ever had that did this was cured by new plugs and leads, but it was nowhere near as complex a beast as the MPS.

Bet you it's frustrating the crap out of you! It's frustrating me that I can't figure it out!

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I've been thinking more on this, the only car I ever had that did this was cured by new plugs and leads, but it was nowhere near as complex a beast as the MPS.

Bet you it's frustrating the crap out of you! It's frustrating me that I can't figure it out!
    Yeah i was thinking that could be it. I think ill try everything people thave said. And see what happens. Thanks for everyones help ill keep everyone posted when i find the prob.

You haven't done something as simple as wash the engine bay recently and gotten water down the plug valley?

Vaccum leak, Fuel Pump, spark plugs are what come to mind, Im assuming this wont happen at wide open throttle?

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Duk View Post
    Vaccum leak, Fuel Pump, spark plugs are what come to mind, Im assuming this wont happen at wide open throttle?
    yeah thats right. Car runs fine with wide open throttle.

Hey mate, Our MPS 6 has similar issues, especially when the aircon is on(most of the time that is) feels like a flutter. At first I thought it were a boost issue, then I thought turbo, fuel filter, pump, plugs leads etc etc. Now I am not going to stereotype the dealer "TECHNICIANS" but they are now just that TECHNICIANS, not alot of real mechanics these days,,There are some, dont get me wrong. anyways, the reason you will be getting told that "they all doit" is because in their book of things a similar phenomenom is a trait of the mazda direct injection. anyways My thoughts aer it is to do with manifold design and at those ervs the vaccuum and pressure constants arent tuned verywell.. sorry I cant explain myself a bit better, I is not too goodly wif spelin and words and stuff... hope this helps.

Bringing up the past here...Did a google search the other day because my MPS is doing this....Stumbled across this...Uhhh after seing the username, this is my car. Talk about small internet worlds!!!

Hia keith! @lawsoo Hahaha, see we never fully fixed this problem ay?

As keith said, it wasn't a violent jerk. I just found it when driving along in 6th gear (Low revs) it would BOB BOB along but put your foot on the accelerator it'd stop. Never noticed it under light acceleration (You must of cleaned the MAF)

However, just wanted to post as no one gave the correct answer on how to fix this problem...Well, problem is now fixed. Needed new spark plugs, (Badly too i might add, very black) leads (Appeared to be original Mazda) and the MAF (like said) was dirty because of the oiled pod...I actually had a spare MAF laying around from my previous Mazda (They're the same) put it in and its working 100% a-okay! No jerking along.

Also cleaned the throttle body and the spark plug holes out with special cleaner i got from Repco... Car now accelerates much smoother and is much perkier. Basically nothing a good service couldn't fix.

I'd get rid of the oiled pod while you're at it with a dry filter - no further MAF issues.

10. Default

mine does it too. '09 gen 2. it feels as though the turbo is producing boost and as if the engine isn't sure if it wants it or sort of dumps it - it's as though its got boost there waiting for you to floor it but you dont, and it just sort of lingers. if i accelerate even more slightly heavily, then there is no jerking. mine has done it since new.

- - - Updated - - -

bad analogy, only way i can sort of imagine it haha

Mine is a 2012 model and it does it, but only ever in 4th at 60 when im accelerating to 80. The best way i can describe it is it feels like the car dies very momenterally, then its fine. Tbh because the car is so new ive just accepted that, that is just how it is. But if its doing it taking off in first and 2nd then it seems there is a problem. You arnt nailing the throttle when it happpens are u? One thing with a car like the mps, its not a good idea to nail it at low revs like you would say a naturally aspirated engine. I like to bring mine progressively up into boost then get on it
    Mitch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12