User Tag List

Thread: CP-e Standback, Whos got one in Brisbane?

Default CP-e Standback, Whos got one in Brisbane?

As the title suggests, Who in Brisbane has a Standback? I would like to see one fitted (In a 3 prefered) and I would like to have a tuner look at the parameters of the software, tunablility etc. Any mods done and so on. I'm considering getting one for my car, but, just a little hesisitant. I want to be 100% sure. Thanks. Troy.

there are very very few in the country.

Mine is in a box in my office, but I can easily show you the software which is SOOOOO EASY to use its not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    there are very very few in the country.

Mine is in a box in my office, but I can easily show you the software which is SOOOOO EASY to use its not funny.
    Are you waiting on the PNP for installation ??

I want one, just need more info, well the tuners do.

5. Default

Give the Xede some consideration as well. It is a good alternative and well known to Australian tuners. The standback is not better than the Xede so ignore the hype

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    I want one, just need more info, well the tuners do.
    Mercury Motorsports tuned swallowtails 6MPS

Might head over there Saturday then, thanks.

Teedee - am I waiting for the pnp....well.....in short yes, for 12 months now. I was one of the first people to buy the standback, swallowtail and I got ours together and lazydog got his independantly.

Lazy has his pnp harness lengthened, it took 10 hours. Swallow and I both have our mounted/wedged behind the blower box in the passenger footwell. It works, but was kinda hard to put in. SW did his straight away and had no issues, I wasnt happy with the solution and waited for 9 months before putting mine in - the wait was while I tried to negotiate an extension. It appears that I'm not getting one and the CPE has made a short order of longer harnesses to cover the 10 units ordered by mps garage.

I am considering hardwiring the thing, same as a Haltech or Xcede, it will still allow use of the bypass plug and I wont have to hide a large green brick in the car.

I'm waiting on the PNP I hope it's one of the extended ones

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic3MPS View Post
    Give the Xede some consideration as well. It is a good alternative and well known to Australian tuners. The standback is not better than the Xede so ignore the hype
    I emailed Chiptorque regarding the the XEDE and the future use in upgrading the turbo and have as yet have not had a reply. Sent Sun 15th March. I think I'm over the XEDE and the lack of knowledge anyone has regarding turbo mods.

MPSGarage did reply quickly about the ability to handle an upgrade, but lag in later emails regarding more mods. I will be getting a Standback, just maybe from the US.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by EQ View Post
    I am considering hardwiring the thing, same as a Haltech or Xcede, it will still allow use of the bypass plug and I wont have to hide a large green brick in the car.
    Me too, I've been thinking of the Xede and the Haltech for the mods that I am planning. Leaning more towards the Haltech both for functionality and being able to switch it to a different car. ( Have been discussing it with Jim at Tunehouse and he seems to know what he is talking about)
    -----------------------------------------
    Cheers Kypros . . . . D.O.T.B. USN

12. Default

I emailed Chiptorque regarding the the XEDE and the future use in upgrading the turbo and have as yet have not had a reply. Sent Sun 15th March. I think I'm over the XEDE and the lack of knowledge anyone has regarding turbo mods
    Pick up the phone and give them a call. Good bunch of guys happy to answer your Qs

A Protege Garage 12s project car (speed 6) ran a 3071 tuned with the Xede for 20 000kms with boost at 20psi on a stock block. And yes, the motor eventually popped but this was because the wastegate line came loose and fell off. Interesting also that the PG vendors believe the Xede to be a more sophisticated tuning solution than the SB. There is no problem tuning for big turbos using the Xede. Fuel, boost and timing are all controllable. To quote PG:

Xede's interceptor system is actually more sophisticated than the Standback in that it does tuning based on load calculations and not sensor values, an excellent tuner albeit expensive
    Mazda Racing Australia continue to use the Xede for their vehicles. Additionally, unlike the SB, there has never been a report of boost or fuel cut using the Xede.

Take it or leave it but don't say you weren't told about a solid alternative

Pick up the phone and give them a call. Good bunch of guys happy to answer your Qs

Mazda Racing Australia continue to use the Xede for their vehicles. Additionally, unlike the SB, there has never been a report of boost or fuel cut using the Xede.

Take it or leave it but don't say you weren't told about a solid alternative
    Arrh see, Somebody can answer me. Nobody in Brisbane could answer my Qs about the XEDE. APC said they didn't know. Others said they don't use the XEDE etc etc etc. Might try calling Chiptorque then hey. Personally i wanted to use the XEDE, being an aussie unit and all, but, I just needed some clarification. Thanks you Cosmic3MPS, I will now make a little more effort regarding CT.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

14. Default

Welcome mate. Hope all goes well whatever you decide. My personal experience with the Xede over the past year has been one of flawless increased performance. It also controls my W/M injection brilliantly.

Welcome mate. Hope all goes well whatever you decide. My personal experience with the Xede over the past year has been one of flawless increased performance. It also controls my W/M injection brilliantly.
    Why don't you allow PM?
    I just wanted to know about your current mods. Got pics of your manifold? And do you have your std one? Can I borrow it? Where are you located? Thanks mate.
    Edit: Checked your pics, Are you in Mackay?
    Last edited by 2XS; 28-03-2009 at 07:08 AM.
    Achievements
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

16. Default

PM is enabled so not sure what is going on there?? If you click on the album in my user profile you can see the mani at the top of the pic of the engine bay. I do have the old mani but not sure what you would do with it. I am from Bris but currently based in Mackay.

EDIT: PM should work OK now there was a setting that was stopping messages. Apologies
    Last edited by Cosmic3MPS; 28-03-2009 at 07:37 AM.