User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pumps - brand new

Default Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pumps - brand new

In my hunt for an upgraded cam driven fuel pump I have been chatting with John at Welcome | HPFPUpgrade.com and after seeing a group buy organised on a VW forum asked him what was possible for us for the Mazda version of the upgraded pump. The prices are excellent, so I figured many might be interested.

Mazda DISI Complete High Pressure Fuel Pump | HPFPUpgrade.com

Stage 1:
    Mazda 2.3 DISI High Pressure Fuel Pumps are brand new OEM stock, we replace the piston and sleeve in a clean room, run them on the HPFP Upgrade pump test stand, send out run sheet verifying proper pump operation.

Stage 2:
    Mazda 2.3 DISI High Pressure Fuel Pumps are brand new OEM stock, we replace the piston and sleeve, modify the factory feed supply, and machine the discharge check valve, assemble in a clean room, run them on the HPFP Upgrade pump test stand, send out run sheet verifying proper pump operation. The S2 pumps support an additional 18 to 22% flow over the standard high pressure pump upgrade.

Pricing for 10 customers to come together for a GB should be like this:
    Stage 1 fuel pump (new) $765 shipped
    Stage 2 fuel pump (new) $965 shipped

This is over $100 + in savings and no one would have to ship their fuel pump back to the US in exchange (so you can keep your original pump as a spare if you like).

I'll leave this up until 15th of November (3 weeks away) which should give anyone interested enough time to make a decision. All payments would be sent directly to John from yourselves via PayPal or similar, and the pumps will be sent individually to you.

Please record your interest in the thread with forum name (and first name) and which stage of pump you want (i.e. S1 or S2). If there are any questions I'm sure John would be happy to answer these for you.

Let's see if we can get 10 people together and grab this good deal!

Thanks,
    Dan

------------

TD (Dan) - S1
    MattMPS3 (Matt) - S1
    Kelvin33 (Kelvin) -S1
    Nirvandan (Alejandro) - S1
    Jmac (Justin) - S1 possible
    SarcasticOne (Sam) - S1 possible
    Last edited by TD; 17-11-2011 at 03:04 PM.

Toddy22587 (Dan) - S1 or maybe S2 can't decide.

dont tell my wife...

Any idea as to what power u will need the s1 and s2?

Good question, I'll find out - I've asked for more details on suggested power and mod levels for each stage pump.
    Last edited by TD; 26-10-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    dont tell my wife...
    I has her number, cause you're being norty and buying MOAR parts

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Stage 1:
    The DFDD pump builds faster than any pump on the market; we have charts showing 1600 psi of fuel pressure as low as 1800 RPM and 2000 psi at 3300 RPM. The DFDD pump will not fall of pressure wise until you are running past the limits of the in tank pump (around 430 CHP). You will see 1700 to 1900 psi as the norm with the DFDD pump internals from 2500 RPM to redline, now you just have to put to use the fuel with more boost and bolt-on’s.

Stage 2:
    The pump internals have supported 400 WHP alone and the modifications to the stage 2 pump will support an additional 38-40% flow into the fuel rail.

It is common to see idle pressures raised 100 to 150 psi due to these modifications and peak pressures over 2200 psi has been recorded. Mate this up with our HP rail valve and you will see pump pressure's into the 2200 to 2300 psi range. Pump pressures this high will support over 600 WHP with the proper tune and injector control.

This is assuming that these are ptp pumps, which I suspect they are....

Any chance of getting just the DIY internal (piston) kits in on this GB Dan?, or are you just interested in the pumps only.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Im interested.

I would think that you would need the higher pressure rail relief valve with the S2 pump, ~60% more flow over stock is a hell of a lot of pressure.

Also from what I have read on the US forums, if you go over 21psi you probably need to look at the improved injector seals too.

I might get all three

Dont you already have the cp-e hpfp Jase?

Quote Originally Posted by MattMPS3 View Post
    This is assuming that these are ptp pumps, which I suspect they are....

Any chance of getting just the DIY internal (piston) kits in on this GB Dan?, or are you just interested in the pumps only.
    Matt - yep, these are the new version PTP pumps. I'll ask if the DIY kits can be included in a GB but I decided to go for the pump so I can be sure it has been assembled, tested and run-in correctly.

Thanks Dan, I would get a complete pump, just dont have $800 to throw around at the moment, and I believe the piston install is not half as scary as it sounds, just need to be clean and patient.

just need to be clean and patient.
    Two qualities I don't posess!

Dont you already have the cp-e hpfp Jase?
    Yup I do, but this one will flow more than the cpe can by a fair margin.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleredMPS View Post
    Yup I do, but this one will flow more than the cpe can by a fair margin.
    Pump-whore

Guys must remember the more RPM the engine is doing the more presure you are given. So if you have stock turbo and all bolt ons and tune the pump may have problems, If you have upgraded turbo than the engine revs are higher before making power so no issue.

Jase you have nothing to worry about esp with thoughts of upgrading your turbo

---------- Post added at 05:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:32 PM ----------

OEM Di cam driven pumps only have issue at lower rpm, or if you running 300+ hpatw..
    Many want Power not many hold it long.........

Very true Luke, my pressure is low from 3500-5000rpm, with the lowest point at 4000rpm. It does pick up again after 5000rpm but tapers off...I fit the all bolt ons, stock turbo and tune scenario

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I has her number, cause you're being norty and buying MOAR parts
    Your car is parked outside at night and i have a 20L fuel can... the ball's in your court

Your car is parked outside at night and i have a 20L fuel can... the ball's in your court
    Quoted your comment so I can show it to your wife if something happens to my car! Daneil will get in trouble for not playing nice

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

If the stage 1 pump can out flow the in tank pump then that'll be fine for me..

Rog - dont have to worry about your car going up in flames if you keep this on the DL

just need to be clean and patient.
    Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Two qualities I don't posess!
    So full pump kits are better suited to the messy, impatient people then.

Looks like my pump has definitely had the carrot, I had suspected there may have been an issue there for a little while, due to some popping, stuttering under load at high rpm, and a few days ago I got a nasty fuel cut booting it in third gear.

My suspicions were raised further after reading some of Cobbs research on the fueling method that tyhese DI engines use, if the ECU detects low fuel rail pressure it will increase the injector duty cycle (flow) to avoid a dangerous lean scenario, hence the popping & spluttering.

Then tonight I was monitoring my fuel pressures on the Dashhawk, on normal cruise (low boost, low load) the pressures were normal at around 11000kpa (1600psi), as soon as RPM + lots of boost were thrown into the mix the pressures came tumbling down ~3500kpa (500psi), and the car was not very happy at all

I will grab a log from the DH and post it up here for anyone who is interested.
    Nearly all men can stand adversity. But if you want to test a man's character - give him power.
    Abraham Lincoln

Haha, andre loves his bonnet stripes too much to risk it being torched!!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast