User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pumps - brand new

Bump! Some more numbers would be great to get this running.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Bump! Some more numbers would be great to get this running.
    due to recent developments, am unsure which of these i would get... waiting to hear back from mazda on some things

It's interesting to see the fuel pressure in Matt's data log follows pretty much the exact same curve as the engine torque.

On a related note: Has anyone been able to log their fuel pressure in a Gen II? What hardware/software did you use? For some reason I can't get Rev to show it. It's bullcrap. I am going to the track on Thursday this week so will have a good chance to do some data logging if only my ****ing logger would work properly.
    Last edited by Reedy; 14-11-2011 at 07:17 AM.

I can take some logs with my dashhawk can someone please tell me, what data i need to log so i can run it next time i drive?

I'll try and help out but not sure if there is a need for a fuel pump yet.

Do a WOT run in 3rd from 2000-6000rpm, log the following:

- RPM
    - DI Fuel Pressure
    - Actual AFR
    - Commanded AFR
    - Boost
    - Accelerator Pedal Position

That should give you enough to work with.

ok cool, i'll set up the dashhawk later today. and post pictures on here be interesting to see what Horsepower Factory did with the fuel system

Guys - if you've been sitting on the fence waiting to register your interest please do so now. For those who are tentative, if you could confirm or withdraw that would be great too.

It's looking like we won't get the numbers to go through with the group buy which is a shame, as it's a very good opportunity to grab a key component at a great price, and good insurance against possible boom due to insufficient fuel flow.

Put me down for a S1 TD, thanks.

Thanks Alejo, first post updated.

Change mine to S1. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Toddy22587 View Post
    Change mine to S1. Thanks
    Done

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Has anyone been able to log their fuel pressure in a Gen II? What hardware/software did you use?
    Yep i have logged my FP many times. Innovate OT-2/Logworks

Just went for a quick run to try my new exhaust before the dyno session tomorrow. Also logged fuel pressure a few times and with the loud pedal at full the pressure never went below 1600psi at any load/rpm. However it's running low boost atm, so we'll see how the fuel pressure holds with everything tuned up. I'll let you know if I'm in, but at this stage it looks like my pump is doing a better job than Matt's old clunker.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    Just went for a quick run to try my new exhaust before the dyno session tomorrow. Also logged fuel pressure a few times and with the loud pedal at full the pressure never went below 1600psi at any load/rpm. However it's running low boost atm, so we'll see how the fuel pressure holds with everything tuned up. I'll let you know if I'm in, but at this stage it looks like my pump is doing a better job than Matt's old clunker.
    Thats good news Mal. Hope all goes well on the dyno.

FYI my fuel pressure was fine until i started seeing loads around 185 between 3000-4000rpm which was happeneing with about 16psi from memory.

Well the tune didn't happen, which I'm actually glad about because it gives me the option of going somewhere that I can have confidence in. However given the healthy logs I took last night I don't think I need a new pump. Sorry guys.

i got my andriod torque app working did a bit of a data log, when i was WOT i had fuel pressure up 1600 psi and when i took my foot off the peddal goin down a hill it droped to 500 PSI not on boost at all. seems like my fuel pump is holding on the stock tune. be intresting once i get it tuned. but buying a house is limiting my funds a bit for now.

The fuel pressure value is only of interest at WOT, naturally off throttle it won't be required to flow at its maximum so those values aren't relevant for what you're trying to find out.

Find a place where you can safely do a straight line full throttle 3rd gear run from 2000-6000 rpm, and keep your foot into it. Look in your logs at around 3000-5000 rpm during this run for fuel pressure dips below 1200psi, and look at the trend.

- forgot to add, it maybe OK on the stock tune but you may see problems trying to achieve higher load targets when aftermarket tuned

I'll leave this open until the weekend, and if there are no further takers will email John and see what can be sorted out for those who have indicated interest.
    Last edited by TD; 17-11-2011 at 01:08 PM.

Sorry guys going to have to pull out of this GB as i just spent all my money on another car.

Hopefully you can still get a decent price for the people who are still interested.

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    The fuel pressure value is only of interest at WOT, naturally off throttle it won't be required to flow at its maximum so those values aren't relevant for what you're trying to find out.

Find a place where you can safely do a straight line full throttle 3rd gear run from 2000-6000 rpm, and keep your foot into it. Look in your logs at around 3000-5000 rpm during this run for fuel pressure dips below 1200psi, and look at the trend.

- forgot to add, it maybe OK on the stock tune but you may see problems trying to achieve higher load targets when aftermarket tuned

I'll leave this open until the weekend, and if there are no further takers will email John and see what can be sorted out for those who have indicated interest.
    sorry dan, going to pull out of this one atm... fuel pump appears to be holding pressures fine and it's likely i'll have other nasty bills in near future
    my car on stock tune:
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

20. Default

8 pages indicates to me that we need to get our vendor section opened up here really soon.

I will be sending the details over to the admin this week so we can get started on this GB.

Thanks guys.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234