User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New DBA rotor design - clubspect3

Default New DBA rotor design - clubspect3

had an interesting chat with Greg from GSLrallysport about getting some new rotors

seems that there is a new rotor designed called the clubspecT3 which replaces the wiper slot design of the DBA4000 series and above

more info here T3_web
    its an interesting design, and looks pretty wicked imo

Just ordered a pair of DBA4000 as my rotors are shot according to the stealership (32000km...) will be mating them up with remsa pads. see how they go

They look awesome, now looking foward to my next rotor change

@ stealership

Bugger it, I wanted these, but DBA werent making them for the mazda until they had run out of the old stock...mongrels

Looks like the old version, but with curved slots instead of straight slots.

Got any more specs/info about them?

Nothing more than what's on that website.

lets hope they finally decide to make the 5000 series for the MPS, because if they do they will steal the MPS market

Quote Originally Posted by heath_303 View Post
    lets hope they finally decide to make the 5000 series for the MPS, because if they do they will steal the MPS market
    +1

5000 series for the MPS please DBA.

Gone to Volvo

5000 series are like 3x the cost, tho they look very good I would guess that they woudl be lighter as well seeming the hats look like an alloy of some sort

anyways, installed the 4000series with Remsa pads (my god those anti squeal shims are annoying to put on) can't really report much yet, the brakes squeal randomly however. also next time, i have to remember to take some brake fluid out of the reservoir cause my stock pads were so thin. like scary thin, they were breaking apart...

what? you didn't bleed the system?

How much was it for the 4000 series? I need to get my hands on a new set of discs plus pads!

im not too worried about the cost im wanting absolute performance as i track my car regularly, i actually use my brakes to their absolute limit, i have found the A1RM stopped squealing totally after a trackday. i think they just need to be heated to the extreme to get them actually bedded in properly

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    what? you didn't bleed the system?
    nope, in hindside I shouldve. but I really couldn't be arsed after struggling to get all the shit on lol. brake pedal feel is still good however. I will eventually do a full flush with some better fluid

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dru View Post
    How much was it for the 4000 series? I need to get my hands on a new set of discs plus pads!
    $195 each

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

im not too worried about the cost im wanting absolute performance as i track my car regularly, i actually use my brakes to their absolute limit, i have found the A1RM stopped squealing totally after a trackday. i think they just need to be heated to the extreme to get them actually bedded in properly
    if you're tracking the car, the 5000 series would probably benefit due to the decreased unsprung weight. I think the disc themselves are the same?

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    if you're tracking the car, the 5000 series would probably benefit due to the decreased unsprung weight.
    Good point. Another advantage of castellated alloy hats is better thermal behaviour in terms of rotor expansion, so less likely to experience cracks.

Gone to Volvo

I'd second that, Col's pads drove me nuts driving down from cairns and after my first stint on the track and pulling up to smell and see smoke coming from the engine bay I thought the car was on fire until i looked at the brakes with a sign of relief and no more noisey brake pads so you may just need to get some heat into them to bed them in
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

what temp are the A1RM rated to? I'm using the Remsa pads and the last thing I want to do is glaze the pads and disc. The A1RM are track pads and heat will do good, Im just not too sure about the Remsas...

friction coefficient of .48 ,temp range of up to 780 degree celcius for the A1RM...

http://www.remsa.com/index.php/mod.p...017/relmenu.20
    Last edited by 240MPS; 01-11-2011 at 07:51 PM.

that for the A1RM or Remsa? impressive if it is for the Remsa...

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    that for the A1RM or Remsa? impressive if it is for the Remsa...
    Added to my post sorry... Remsa I see go higher 800ish ????? will be nice to get some feed back on those pads, I started to get some fade on the A1RM but I was leaving the braking to the absolute last moment after finding the perfect braking point....

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

I think our Remsa's are 680ish off the top of my head, might be worth shooting Greg (GSL) a message to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    I think our Remsa's are 680ish off the top of my head, might be worth shooting Greg (GSL) a message to find out.
    My bad Dan, hit the wrong key.. Maybe not

Slow descent test:
    Medium speed 40 Km/h (top speed 80 km/h).
    Long.: 16 Km.
    Time: 23 min.
    Final temperature: 600º C.
    Speed descent test:
    Medium speed 60km/h (top speed more than 120 Km/h)
    Long: 16 Km,
    Time: 15’ 36’’.
    Final temperature: 800º C (more than 500º C since 10 corner).

You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast