User Tag List

Thread: First Nissan R35 GT-R In the 10's - 10.9 @ 129mph

Default First Nissan R35 GT-R In the 10's - 10.9 @ 129mph

This is from GTRblog.

We’ve been expecting 10’s to be broken into for a while now. Quite a few guys had run in the 11.0’s so surely it was right around the corner. Despite their best efforts though traction was a major issue even with the GT-R’s ATTESSA AWD system.

Today 10’s have been achieved in the US by a Dallas, Texas based workshop Jotech Motorsports. The owner of the car is D3GTR on the NAGTROC forums and it was built by Kenny Tran of Jotech.

The car is of course modified, running a HKS GT570 kit, Mine’s Exhaust, and the COBB Tuning AccessPORT. It’s making 548 hp and 573 lb/ft of torque.

Unbelievably, the run was done on a cold track with the 22″ wheels and street tires you see here fitted up.

Congrats guys.

http://www.gtrblog.com/index.php/200...-10-9-1?blog=4

Blog Entries

That...is one hot arse car.

Jesus H Christ. That is one hot hunk of metal... *droooooolllll*

Blog Entries

If this car was a female- who would it be?

Blog Entries

Does that post make me a sicko? hehehe...

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by shinslinger66 View Post
    If this car was a female- who would it be?
    Jessica Alba for sure

She's one hot babe!

Blog Entries

Ok- I will now assume I am not a sicko...well at least not on this forum anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    Jessica Alba for sure

She's one hot babe!
    There was once a time I wouldn't have agreed with you, but now I'll have to say someone else..... How about Shay Laren

*EDIT- I guess I better post something on topic. Technology and what not included, that's a reasonably tame tune for that kind of 1/4 mile time... And on those tyres. Just plain impressive!
    Last edited by Jeev; 17-11-2008 at 11:13 PM.

9. Default

Man if I had 150k I'd be buying one of these babies. Just read in the latest Motor mag about its 4x4 transaxle setup. The motor is aligned N-S, and has a main drive shaft to the rear, then a transaxle sending the torque back to the fronts, rather than the traditional 4x4 method used by the likes of Subie, etc.

Yeah, unfortunately that's why it's so heavy. There are also problem starting to emerge in the states with the transaxle and people using launch control. $40K for a new one, not cheap.

The latest rumour is that the Aust. delivered R35s will NOT have launch control. So for those who are hoping to launch their R35 from 0-100 in 3.3 sec then you better go and get a gray import from Jap. For those who wants to drive their R35 with factory warranty, you'll have to settle with 0-100 in 4 sec.

12. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jeev View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately that's why it's so heavy. There are also problem starting to emerge in the states with the transaxle and people using launch control. $40K for a new one, not cheap.
    You'd also want to read the Warranty fine print before buying one..

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    You'd also want to read the Warranty fine print before buying one..

There has been a lot of talk about the warranty issue. Yes fair enough if the launch control is there, you should be able use it without voiding the warranty.

But how many manufactures will replace your clutch or gear box under warranty if they can prove the damage was done by repeated redline dumps down the 1/4? Most car's warranties are void once you put one tire on a race track, except of manufacture sponsored days.

I still stand by my view on the GT-R’s soul still lays in the RB........
    Last edited by Birdhouse; 18-11-2008 at 02:13 PM.

Blog Entries

Nissan drops Launch Control from 2010 GT-R

It appears that GT-R owners won't have to worry about voiding their warranties if they use Launch Control -- for the 2010 model year, the car won't come with the feature. Inside Line is quoting a Nissan exec as saying "It's gone. We just don't want to deal with the warranty nightmare anymore. It'll make the 2009 GT-R really special. It'll be the only R35 with launch control."

We've previously reported cases where Nissan GT-R owners have brought their cars to the dealership with transmission trouble only to be told their warranties won't cover it. It turns out that disabling the car's VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control) too often, in order to use the Launch Control function, meant Nissan wasn't covering the repairs. The cost to fix/replace the transmission is only $20,000, so you can imagine owners weren't too upset. Apparently the GT-R owner's manual states that damage to the transmission is not covered if it is proven to be the result of using Launch Control with the VDC turned off. In fact, the manual states that the only reason you should turn off VDC is to "rock" the vehicle when stuck in mud or snow. We await Nissan's revised performance numbers.
    Via autoblog.
    2014 Mk7 Golf R | DSG | Reflex Silver | Leather | Drive Assist | Bi-Xenon Headlights
    1981 Lincoln Town Car | Auto | 80s Cream | 90s brown interior | 5.0L V8 | Currently no working headlights

"Revised" performance numbers... lol I actually think that's a good thing. It'll stop people who only care about 0-100 times from buying the car and be sold to a hopefully more mature and driving orientated market. I hear the new Z01 does 0-100 in 3s. *cough*

maaan.. thats awesome... i wanted one after seeing it on Top Gear the other week... there just un-real...