User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi everyone

Default hi everyone

hi everyone.

my name is ryan, im a new member from perth.
    i just brought a 2005 MPS 6 leather pack three weeks ago which has just done 58,000kms.
    brought it from a private seller at $21500. i think it's a reasonable price? or i paid too much?
    haha, anyway as long as it's a good car and i love it, it's fine.

having lots of fun driving this car. quiet, smooth, comfortable.. it's quite different from what i had before.
    love it a lot!

And im looking forward to learning about mps's from you all!

cheers,
    ryan

2. Default

you got a bargain by the sounds of it

Welcome to this place and congrats on getting yourself an awesome car ... quite smooth comfortable ... that defines the 6 to a tee

Great price by the sounds of it. Big Perth crew over there, no doubt Andre will say hello soon

...and Welcome.

Hey bud.

Whereabouts in Perth are you? 21k for the 6 aint' a bad price with that amount of KM's, bargain! Post some pics when you get the chance and hopefully we'll catch you at the next WA meet.

Any future plans for the MPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Great price by the sounds of it. Big Perth crew over there, no doubt Captain Superstar McAwesomeville (Andre) will say hello soon

...and Welcome.
    You missed a bit Brad, fixed above!

Welcome Ryan to ozMPSclub

Sounds like a great bargain you got there for an MPS with low kms, awesome work! Might catch up with you on a cruise sometime

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Oh yeah, thanks McAwesomeness.

Quote Originally Posted by blackbetty View Post
    you got a bargain by the sounds of it

Welcome to this place and congrats on getting yourself an awesome car ... quite smooth comfortable ... that defines the 6 to a tee
    really? i thought i paid too much.
    the seller asked $22k, and i said 21.5k, then made the deal.. i thought i should say 21k or sth.. haha

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Great price by the sounds of it. Big Perth crew over there, no doubt Andre will say hello soon

...and Welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    You missed a bit Brad, fixed above!

Welcome Ryan to ozMPSclub

Sounds like a great bargain you got there for an MPS with low kms, awesome work! Might catch up with you on a cruise sometime
    thanks for so many welcomes guys!

the cruise is in November isn't it?
    if this is the one, im afraid i can't go with you guys cos all the final exams are coming up in Nov!! damn..
    i really really wanna join. maybe I can go next time? if there is an another one after that?

8. Default

your in MPS6 capital of the world, Im sure there will be other cruises teeming with beautiful 6's for you to join in

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    Hey bud.

Whereabouts in Perth are you? 21k for the 6 aint' a bad price with that amount of KM's, bargain! Post some pics when you get the chance and hopefully we'll catch you at the next WA meet.

Any future plans for the MPS?
    Hey mate, thanks for the service schedule that you sent me previously!
    Im currently live in Langford but thinking to move to somewhere near to the city next year maybe..
    yeah i'll take some pictures of it once i get my gfrd's camera back from her friend.

um... i'm thinking to change the standard air filter to the pod one, maybe with the cold air intake.
    any one know where in Perth i can get this CAI kit from? and roughly how much does it cost?
    after that maybe get a set of coilover suspension. i found one of the rear shock got oil leak now. the other 3 are fine..

but all these are just dreaming now.. cos i spent all my money bought this car.. don't think i can get somemore $ to do any of these modifications.. hahah..

I have a CP-E CAI mate, check out my thread if you want more info (click on the yellow RR on my sig)

Hello and Welcome

Quote Originally Posted by ryancn View Post
    Hey mate, thanks for the service schedule that you sent me previously!
    Im currently live in Langford but thinking to move to somewhere near to the city next year maybe..
    yeah i'll take some pictures of it once i get my gfrd's camera back from her friend.

um... i'm thinking to change the standard air filter to the pod one, maybe with the cold air intake.
    any one know where in Perth i can get this CAI kit from? and roughly how much does it cost?
    after that maybe get a set of coilover suspension. i found one of the rear shock got oil leak now. the other 3 are fine..

but all these are just dreaming now.. cos i spent all my money bought this car.. don't think i can get somemore $ to do any of these modifications.. hahah..
    The CAI isn't too much of a wallet gouger compared to the other mods you can do.

You're probably looking at $300+ for a CAI. Hit up Jeff from Advancespeedracing as he stocks the AEM CAI for quite a decent price. Otherwise, your other options are from MPS Garage or from the US. If you go via US, take the RPM route as they're quite a reputable store.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Wow you did get a bargain, I bought the 06 MPS 6 with 55,xxx km for 24k.

Hi and welcome

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

I have a CP-E CAI mate, check out my thread if you want more info (click on the yellow RR on my sig)
    do you mean you have another CPE CAI for sale? if so how much are you looking for it mate?

what a great car you have. i haven't seen any mps6 in white on the street.
    where did you get those Bonnet Bulge Decals from? they really look great on your white car

---------- Post added at 06:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckie Cheese View Post
    The CAI isn't too much of a wallet gouger compared to the other mods you can do.

You're probably looking at $300+ for a CAI. Hit up Jeff from Advancespeedracing as he stocks the AEM CAI for quite a decent price. Otherwise, your other options are from MPS Garage or from the US. If you go via US, take the RPM route as they're quite a reputable store.
    yeah i agree Advancespeedracing do a good price for the CAI kit. thanks for letting me know mate.
    if im going to get the AEM one i'll definitely get it from Advancespeedracing .

do you guys know what's the difference between AEM and CP-E 's? which one is better?

are they going to fit in straight away or required any futher modifications in order to fit?
    i think it's easy to take the original air filter and the plastic pipe out, but have no idea how to fit the CAI in..

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

i did a research, there was someone got his CAI filter wet and had problem of his car later on.
    another member in this forum suggested the cp-e Pre-Filter to prevent the filter get wet from water splash.
    anyone using this pre filter product ? does it really slove the problem?
    are there any other possible solution to prevent this to happen?
    i don't want try to gain a bit more power but end up with a dead engine...

Gday mate, I just received my CP-E CAI and a COBB TIP from therpmstore.com. delivered for around the $450 mark.

They're the best price I have found after doing some sleuthing on the inter webs

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by ryancn View Post
    do you mean you have another CPE CAI for sale? if so how much are you looking for it mate?

what a great car you have. i haven't seen any mps6 in white on the street.
    where did you get those Bonnet Bulge Decals from? they really look great on your white car

i did a research, there was someone got his CAI filter wet and had problem of his car later on.
    another member in this forum suggested the cp-e Pre-Filter to prevent the filter get wet from water splash.
    anyone using this pre filter product ? does it really slove the problem?
    are there any other possible solution to prevent this to happen?
    i don't want try to gain a bit more power but end up with a dead engine...
    Nope, sorry I have one installed and not one for sale. Cheers for comments about my MPS. I got my decals from hotcarstuff.com check them out. Looking around $50 for a pair.

Yep, hydrolock almost occurred on my mates car as we both have the same intakes. A couple of mods we've done to prevent although not completely 100% eliminate water getting past the filter are: Scrap the standard small paper filter and go for a high flow K&N oiled filter, a couple of reasons why, its a larger surface area filter so less resistance through more area. Oiled so less Pa resistance also compared to paper which probably filters better but not ideal for optimal performance. Also, install a splash shield. Helps prevent any major water splashes from puddles. Myself and mate haven't had an issue since but have a bit of licence and don't hoon though deep puddles or any puddles for that matter.

PS the pre-filter does squat!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastle MPS6 View Post
    Gday mate, I just received my CP-E CAI and a COBB TIP from therpmstore.com. delivered for around the $450 mark.

They're the best price I have found after doing some sleuthing on the inter webs

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using Tapatalk
    sounds great
    how long did it take to be delivered to your place?
    Last edited by ryancn; 25-10-2011 at 08:24 PM.

Nope, sorry I have one installed and not one for sale. Cheers for comments about my MPS. I got my decals from hotcarstuff.com check them out. Looking around $50 for a pair.

Yep, hydrolock almost occurred on my mates car as we both have the same intakes. A couple of mods we've done to prevent although not completely 100% eliminate water getting past the filter are: Scrap the standard small paper filter and go for a high flow K&N oiled filter, a couple of reasons why, its a larger surface area filter so less resistance through more area. Oiled so less Pa resistance also compared to paper which probably filters better but not ideal for optimal performance. Also, install a splash shield. Helps prevent any major water splashes from puddles. Myself and mate haven't had an issue since but have a bit of licence and don't hoon though deep puddles or any puddles for that matter.

PS the pre-filter does squat!
    that's scary .. maybe i should have a second thoughts about getting a CAI?

actually what's the benefit for using SRI? apart from not getting wet.
    will a heatsheild make the SRI work as good as CAI?
    i know heatsheild can prevent the filter from sucking warm air, but where does the cold air come from??
    does it come from the bottom thu that little hole (see picture in below link)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00018.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	147.2 KB 
ID:	9839

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Wow you did get a bargain, I bought the 06 MPS 6 with 55,xxx km for 24k.
    maybe at the time you brought your car it hasn't been depreciated that much?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast