User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: hi everyone

I wouldn't be too worried about one. I've never had an issue. The standard filter the CPE CAI unit comes with (paper filter) if wet just absorbs water, compared to the K&N which just splashes over (should you get water near the filter in the first place with a splash sheild and not driving through puddles fast) A CAI will generally have an air intake temperature 1 degree above ambient which is pretty good and much cooler than what an unmodified SRI arrangement can offer.

I think the ulimate solution would be a SRI modified with well constructed heat sheilding as well as fresh air (cool air) ducting from the underside to the filter. It will work near identical to a CAI but as far as servicing the filter, it'll be much easier. Correct, the air comes from beneath (and also around) as displayed in the pic you attached. I would remove the stock box under all the stock box arrangement but also a flex duct/silicone hose or similar to direct air movement via a radius bend straight to the filter.

Check out mine next time if you like. Myself and a couple of other guys have CAI's with K&N high flow filters, on a 14 degree night we're sucking in 15 degree temp air!

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I wouldn't be too worried about one. I've never had an issue. The standard filter the CPE CAI unit comes with (paper filter) if wet just absorbs water, compared to the K&N which just splashes over (should you get water near the filter in the first place with a splash sheild and not driving through puddles fast) A CAI will generally have an air intake temperature 1 degree above ambient which is pretty good and much cooler than what an unmodified SRI arrangement can offer.

I think the ulimate solution would be a SRI modified with well constructed heat sheilding as well as fresh air (cool air) ducting from the underside to the filter. It will work near identical to a CAI but as far as servicing the filter, it'll be much easier. Correct, the air comes from beneath (and also around) as displayed in the pic you attached. I would remove the stock box under all the stock box arrangement but also a flex duct/silicone hose or similar to direct air movement via a radius bend straight to the filter.

Check out mine next time if you like. Myself and a couple of other guys have CAI's with K&N high flow filters, on a 14 degree night we're sucking in 15 degree temp air!
    oh, you make me really wanted to get the CAI one. 1 degree above ambient tempreture !
    have you seen anyone constructed the hole to direct cold air from underneath to the SRI filter?
    im just imagining how does it looks like..

i think the ulimate solution is use the SRI and take out the headlight, then we get the most direct airflow, hahah..
    anyway, i think i should leave this after the exams..

im curious why i don't hear much people using those japanese air intakes such as apexi or hks?
    i think they are quite popular in other japanese street racing cars.
    i had a apexi filter before in my skyline, but later on i changed it to the hks one.
    I hear a larger air sucking sound when accelerating compare with the apexi one.
    from that i assume the hks sucks more air because the larger surface it has? although i didn't really feel more power gained by using the hks one...

I'm sure some folks on here have modified SRI kits that might have some photo's or info.

I think those brands like Apexi and Hks are hugely popular in skylines, WRX's etc. There are parts for the MPS although not common from what I've seen people install on the MPS.
    The CP-E unit is a 3" pipe and if you fit that with a large surface area diameter it'll be just as good as any other intake. It's not like its a V8 twin turbo in need of massive amounts of air.

Mine is reasonably loud btw, can hear it easy

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    I'm sure some folks on here have modified SRI kits that might have some photo's or info.

I think those brands like Apexi and Hks are hugely popular in skylines, WRX's etc. There are parts for the MPS although not common from what I've seen people install on the MPS.
    The CP-E unit is a 3" pipe and if you fit that with a large surface area diameter it'll be just as good as any other intake. It's not like its a V8 twin turbo in need of massive amounts of air.

Mine is reasonably loud btw, can hear it easy

yeah those brands are popular in other japanese cars.
    i thought there were some special reasons they are not commonly been used in mps.

Hi RYAN, welcome from yet another Perth 2005 MPS6 owner. I have the same kms on mine. Going great guns!

Not a bad price at all to pay mate.. I paid $18,500 with easily double the K's and without the leather/sunroof pack... So you got a good deal!
    I just can't believe how cheap they are though. For what the car is, I really reckon they should still be fetching 25-30k!

I'm another 6 owner south of the creek, will probably catch up if I ever get myself along to a cruise!! :P

hey guys.
    yeah i now realise i got a bargain, haha..
    i live in south of river as well so probably will see you around
    i'll try to get myself to the cruise which is coming up next month if i can

hey guys, here are some pics of my ride
    very stock car, nothing different from any other stock ones..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0995.jpg 
Views:	365 
Size:	190.8 KB 
ID:	9874

Name:	IMG_0986.jpg 
Views:	385 
Size:	163.5 KB 
ID:	9875

Name:	IMG_1011.jpg 
Views:	200 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	9876

Name:	IMG_1009.jpg 
Views:	357 
Size:	174.0 KB 
ID:	9877

Name:	IMG_1014.jpg 
Views:	363 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	9878

Last edited by ryancn; 29-10-2011 at 06:00 PM.

two more..

Name:	IMG_1006.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	152.4 KB 
ID:	9868

Name:	IMG_1039.jpg 
Views:	378 
Size:	145.0 KB 
ID:	9867

Last edited by ryancn; 29-10-2011 at 06:02 PM.

Gleaming mate! Beautiful. See High on PSI's black beasty as a very nicely modded emo!

11. Default

Looking very nice

One things cosmetically that enhances front end of the black MPS6's is blackening the front reflectors, the orange just looks awful against the black. Having them black just leaves a smoother, cleaner look on the front end IMO

I just popped mine out, sanded them and then a few coats of night shade paint and waxed them, i keep them waxed each time I wax the car
    Taken my boring, bland, lame Subaru and my fat ass and driven off into the sunset with a smile on my face

thanks for your comments guys

some of the pictures just took after a detail wash so it looks Gleaming

yeah i think i'll probably paint it black as well.
    but where to get a paint to match the same black colour of my car?
    and need to spray a clear coat after that?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12