User Tag List

Thread: My Worst Nightmare.. Another CEL Post- Help? Brisbane?

Default My Worst Nightmare.. Another CEL Post- Help? Brisbane?

Hi Guys,

So on the way home today from work i had a CEL come on... Car is a Gen 2 2009 Luxury, never had a CEL ever.

I've had the CP-e TIP, SRI and HKS SSQV running recirculated for at least more than 10,000km -15,000km and have no issues so far.

I recently installed a Ultimate Racing full turbo back exhaust with a highflow cat (400 cel i got told) which shouldn't really be a problem as its not 200 cel or less. I've been running the exhaust for probably close to 4000km already.

I would like to find out what code its putting out? Does anyone have an OBD reader in Brisbane (i'm in southside)? Dash hawk? Please rescue me!!

I'm not sure if its safe to drive but on the way home nothing seemed to be dramatically wrong - no lose in power or anything.

Please let me know, my number is 0423452386 i'm not always home on the forum, if you could help me out that would be great!

Edwin
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Edwin by the sounds of it,it will be fine to drive but a check would be in place, I'd say the sensor in the exhaust isn't coming up to temp and it's coming on...

Edwin I got a Scanguage if you can make it to the coast!

Mate, i was down there last night!! I figured i haven't taken it to the coast since i had the exhaust!! SIGH.. Any chance u gonna be in Brissy this weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by KFuNk View Post
    Edwin I got a Scanguage if you can make it to the coast!
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    Mate, i was down there last night!! I figured i haven't taken it to the coast since i had the exhaust!! SIGH.. Any chance u gonna be in Brissy this weekend?
    We should be good to drive down the coast it sounds more that the temp not coming up to speed, we had a similar thing happen with Col when we got to Rockhampton after putting on a new 3" SRI the day before we left Cairns and when we filled up in Rocky 20k's down the track the light come on and we drove all the way to brissy and went off the next morning, than it come on in the afternoon and went away within an hour 2 days later we tracked it at Qld Raceway and it come on again as we got the Gympie the next morning and stayed on all the way to Cairns and went out for a day come on for 1/2 a day and hasn't come back.... Just settling in

PS: I had Col worried told him it would be fine what could go wrong nah i was expecting the light to come on and was surprised it took so long......
    Last edited by 240MPS; 21-10-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

True.. Yea i should try and still get it read to see if its SRI at fault or the exhaust. I've ran the SRI wayy longer than i have for the exhaust tho.. Which begs the question whether its the exhaust thats at fault.. But what do u mean by the temp not coming up to speed? I have been driving it fairly easy the last week. especially after the long drive yesterday down the coast. just put it on cruise control the whole way, boost hardly came on lol

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    We should be good to drive down the coast it sounds more that the temp not coming up to speed, we had a similar thing happen with Col when we got to Rockhampton after putting on a new 3" SRI the day before we left Cairns and when we filled up in Rocky 20k's down the track the light come on and we drove all the way to brissy and went off the next morning, than it come on in the afternoon and went away within an hour 2 days later we tracked it at Qld Raceway and it come on again as we got the Gympie the next morning and stayed on all the way to Cairns and went out for a day come on for 1/2 a day and hasn't come back.... Just settling in

PS: I had Col worried told him it would be fine what could go wrong nah i was expecting the light to come on and was surprised it took so long......
    Current:

Quote Originally Posted by 3MPSPWR View Post
    True.. Yea i should try and still get it read to see if its SRI at fault or the exhaust. I've ran the SRI wayy longer than i have for the exhaust tho.. Which begs the question whether its the exhaust thats at fault.. But what do u mean by the temp not coming up to speed? I have been driving it fairly easy the last week. especially after the long drive yesterday down the coast. just put it on cruise control the whole way, boost hardly came on lol
    In my case I had the exhaust done by a mob in Geebung and the sensor wasn't in the right position so it was a hit and miss and depending on the day ' weather cool/hot ' my light would come on only in extreme conditions,* one * like going to bathurst from brissy different temp outside in the 3 years i had the car it only come on 3 or 4 times and I had most of the work done before I took delivery of the car from new and in Col's case the ecu was calculating the air mix with the new 3" from the 2 1/2" he had and as we hit cooler weather the light come on and stayed on all the way to brissy come on a couple of times probs adjusting to brissy weather and was fine until we headed back to cairns a week later and flicked on and off a couple times and as stayed off ever since. Hope this helps and I think Col went to the mechanics a week after I left and they just reset and all was fine, so I'd say all it needs is resetting, but it will depend on the exhaust system to how good it is where the sensor is positioned.....
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Where abouts in the southside, I got a DashHawk and wouldnt mind driving to yours if its not too far.
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 21-10-2011 at 11:31 PM.

Hey champ i'm in Calamvale, i'm going to get some wheels fitted in the morning and try and get this read it would be good if you can help us out with a DashHawk, that way i can 100% be sure that its the same code.

I'll be in Southbank area if its easy for you.. If you are able to, please send me a text and i can get in contact with you. Thanks for letting me know you can help!

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    Where abouts in the southside, I got a DashHawk and wouldnt mind driving to yours if its not too far.
    Last edited by 3MPSPWR; 22-10-2011 at 03:05 AM.
    Current:

Hey Eddie, happy help if Birthday Boy can't make it. Can't help first thing tomorrow though, car is getting detailed.

Edwin ,dont be too concerned . Typical for gen 2 with sensitive ECU. Post your CEL code so as we may assist. Bet london to a brick code is (P2096).
    Heaps of Gen 2 have had a Cel usually after exhaust mod , and many report similar conditions (IE after heaps of KLMs ) happened to me as well .
    We may be able to diagnose once cel code is established.

Sorry man not in brissy this weekend. Hope you sort it!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=-27.842507,153.327228

Thanks to the guys that offered to help!! Much appreciated!! Must keep you on speed dial incase it comes back!! So who wants an fantail for guessing the correct code? I ended up taking the car into my mates workplace cause i was originally scheduled for fitting of some new wheels.. Anyway the owner scanned it and it was the P0421 code... Surprise surprise... So hes just cleared it for now, but he reckons it might come back? I know a few peps have gotten this code but this is not the code that throws ur car into trouble right? Cause i think theres 2 O2 sensor codes?
    Current:

a P0421 code is absolutely not a problem, in fact it's almost expected if you have an aftermarket CAT. You've cleared it for now, see what happens over the next few weeks.

I got a P0421 code a while ago and didn't clear it and give it a second run so I never got a chance to see if it was just a once off CEL or not. I booked the car in immediately when in hindsight I should have cleared it and given it a second chance.

The bad thing is the fix for the P0421 code (O2 sensor extension) in itself causes a different P2096 code by drawing the sensor out of the main flow of the exhaust. Which I then needed a software fix applied to get it removed (basically just disabled the O2 sensor monitoring lol), which is only an option if you have an ECUTEK tune. Either way, both codes are completely harmless to the way the car runs. They are just annoying as hell.

Don't worry one bit about those codes, the big problem with running with a CEL permanently on tho is that it can mask other errors.
    Last edited by Reedy; 24-10-2011 at 11:05 AM.