User Tag List

Thread: Installation of Koni sports shocks with Eibach Pro Kit to Gen 1 MPS

Default Installation of Koni sports shocks with Eibach Pro Kit to Gen 1 MPS

I've ordered a set of Koni Sport shocks + Eiback Pro Kit spring set from Tire Rack. Should be arriving in a few days.Has anyone had these items installed, and if so are there any tricks or tips with the installation as I will attempt to do it myself.
    I've attached the link FYI.......Suspension Products for 2007 Mazda MazdaSpeed3

Cheers

Sam

I dont have any tips or tricks to offer, but perhaps search you tube.
    How much did the Eibachs cost delivered?

Doing it yourself?

Then I would talk to Grajy (jon) or 2XS (Troy), there is something that you need to be aware of on the front struts, but for the life of me cant remember what the hell it is.

Let me google that for you

use the 3rd hit. krystoms or whatever it was.

Its very easy. No tricks.
    Especially if your getting new shocks too. you wont need to take your old springs off the old shocks.

Be aware of the ABS sensors, make sure they dont get damaged, when doing the front shocks.

I have downloaded an installation guide which is is reasonably easy to follow. The biggie is to sand the bottom of the front shocks as the paint is to thick and the shock will not fit in its place. The ABS sensor is one which I didn't know bout. Thanks for the link, this should make things alittle easier.
    I had a full set of Koni Sport adjustables @ US$660.00 + Eibackh Pro-Kit @ US$206.00 all shipped for US$240.00.....

Not bad at all..............

i really wish you could get bilsteins from tire rack

When removing the shock tops on the front uprights, the tops are two piece. Lift them off the spring as one. If you separate them, tiny ball bearings will scuttle like buckshot everywhere. Take off the top nut, but remove the top with caution!

Btw, you'll love the Koni's.

No need to sand the paint off.
    You need to pry the collet open to make room.
    The strut should slip straight in.

Quote Originally Posted by 2XS View Post
    No need to sand the paint off.
    You need to pry the collet open to make room.
    The strut should slip straight in.
    Agreed...

Yep, I didn't need too.
    Either use a wedge as mentioned or there is a trick where you put the bolt in backwards and that opens the collar up. But I prefer to use a wedge. Less chance of stuffing the thread.
    With mine the strut was nearly in, so we just put the wheel back on and dropped the car back onto the ground.
    Went bang, jacked the car up again and checked the bolts.
    Put a bit of grease around the strut helps too.

Either way you do it, no need to sand paint off.

I installed the Eibah Pro Kit & Koni's over the weekend. Man what a difference!!! Absolutely shits on the stock suspension!!!! Made the boys helping me with the install piss themselves laughing in the car when we took her for a test drive.......

I must say, it was not as difficult as I 1st imagined. With a little help from my neighbour and borrowed tools we managed to install the rear suspension in 3hrs. I was'nt happy with the rear passenger guard height. I measured from the centre of the wheel and discovered it to be around 7-9mm higher than the other side????????

Then on Saturday morning I had a closer look & discovered the rear passenger spring was not sitting in it's bottom cradle correctly. So, after rectifying this I thought we were in business. We then installed the fronts in around 3 hrs, taking our time and making sure all was done correctly. To my suprise we fouind the bump stops were damaged and had to trim them to an equal length. No biggie..... But the rear passenger side IS STILL ABOUT 7-9mm higher than the other side !!!!! The Eibach writing in right-side up and both face the wheel, hub and both sit flush with the opening at the bottom of the spring mould.

Should I wait for a couple of weeks for it to settle down? Then re-assess ??
    The drivers side looks awesome, the guards sit just above the tyre....While the other side is noticeably higher & it's really getting on my GOAT.....

Can anyone throw me some advice.............

Guys,

Need ur assistance here........

The writing on the springs, on my King Springs anyways, go up-side down. Not sure with Eibach though. I opted against that option.