User Tag List

Thread: Turbo stuffed.....or worse?

Default Turbo stuffed.....or worse?

So I maybe up for a new Turbo or hopefully nothing worse.

Anyway last night when I finished work I started my car and as I do I waited for her to warm up and register on the needle that she is warm enough to drive. However tonight I was obsessed with finding a new mix by one of my former DJ's from work and spent a good 10-15mins searching his Facebook for the soundcloud link. After finally finding it I put car in reverse and headed backwards towards the roller door looking in the drivers reverse mirror only, so not sure if there was any smoke then or not. I tried to swipe my fob to release the roller door but as usual it wanted me to go and use the other swipe pad. I eventually got the door open and thought to myself hmmm smells a but smokey but just thought car was running for a considerable amount of time and was just build up of fumes.
    When I backed out onto the street and placed her in first and slowly accelerated I looked out the rear view mirro I noticed smoke ( a lot of smoke ) and seeing as it was dark I couldn't really see the colour, but when I drove 20m to the lights and pulled up the smoke passed me and kinda looked Blue
    Couldn't be 100% sure but after driving through a few more sets of lights and giving her a bit it all vanished.
    Please tell me it's just the old turbo seal problem and I'm up for a new turbo and not something worse, as was thinking of a turbo upgrade anyway.
    Will start car 2moro and let it ideal for 10-15 mins and take a video and see if it will replicate the problem, also car lost no power at all, and have had no problems at all till now.
    Last edited by Ski82; 20-10-2011 at 01:07 AM.
    All Things 2XS

Sounds just like oil getting passed the turbo seals - the old well documented problem. May not happen again if you do not do long extended idles. Even if it does, there are some cheap cures well worth trying first.

yep same problem i hav now its the seals gone or on the way out sorry to say bud but new turbo

I have a few spares for the short term fix if needed.............

I had an extended idle just now an noticed the same white smoke:-( smelt like oil burning.. What's the cheap fixes?

Think I'll have to drop in and I've a chat Troy.
    Will look realistically at what my options are....might drop in on Monday or a quick chat if your not to busy.