User Tag List

Thread: Mps 6 hypertech

Default Mps 6 hypertech

Just installed the hypertech on the six to see what difference it made compared to the three and wow, im impressed !

It asked me if i wanted to remove the restrictions and i selected yes. Not sure what difference it makes on or off but damn it is more lively in first and second!

The rear breaks traction in second around corners on an otherwise standard car

Other six owners with hypertech flashes installed, what are your thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    MY16 WRX STi Crystal White Pearl
    -= Rally Armour Flaps - 2XS Muffler Delete =-

FG FPV F6 MKII Vixen - SOLD
    -= Bluepower SRI - ID1000 Injectors - Venom Cat - XCAL3 - ProcessWest Stg2 Intercooler - 359 RWKW=-

CX9 Grand Touring Stormy Blue
    -= The rolling armchair =-

6 MPS Velocity Red - SOLD
    -=Cat Back Exhaust - Pirelli PZero=-

3 MPS Aurora Blue - SOLD
    -=PG SRI - PG Inlet - ETS TMIC - GFB Hybrid BOV - Best Mufflers DP - Eibach Pro - AccessPort STG2 - Autotech HPFP - ITV22 - Michelin PSS=-

I can confirm the above. Response is much better

Hi Jmac.

I had the HT tune on my 6 for a while and loved it.
    I don't know if it actually made any more measurable power, but it certainly improved the low-mid range throttle response.
    My gut feeling is that it did that by adjusting the throttle curve (if there is such a thing) from linear to logarithmic. An old trick used by manufacturers of guitar amps for decades to make their products sound louder in a test environment.
    The HT was removed simply because I had an aftermarket snail installed (BNR stage 1), and the HT isn't compatible.
    The car felt like a slug with the HT removed, but fortunately Mitsuman from RPW was able to fabricate a CAI that put back all the goodness that the HT removal took.
    Next move for me- Versatune.
    Take care,

Pete.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac View Post
    Just installed the hypertech on the six to see what difference it made compared to the three and wow, im impressed !

It asked me if i wanted to remove the restrictions and i selected yes. Not sure what difference it makes on or off but damn it is more lively in first and second!

The rear breaks traction in second around corners on an otherwise standard car

Other six owners with hypertech flashes installed, what are your thoughts?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk
    Glad you liked the tune!

The 0-60 throttle restriction option in the Hypertech tune removes the boost and load cut limits in 1st and 2nd gear, in addition to increasing the opening rate of the throttle body itself.

Chris

yeh love it but new turbo means versatune... going to try n b first to run versatune on a BT

How much are you guys paying for these HT units?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    How much are you guys paying for these HT units?
    Check here mate...

Hypertech Group buy

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers