User Tag List

Thread: eBay dp's

Default eBay dp's

Hey all I've been looking around for a while at dp's of every variety and don't care much for names/brands
    And found some no name dps for around the $100-$150 mark can anyone foresee any issues ? Had a look on the US forums and can't see much negative ? Any comments welcomed
    Raffa

Sent from my iPhone using my iFingers

i'd say you get what you pay for...

IMO you get really lucky to find that one awesome bargain, however most of the time you just get what you paid for.

Your call!

Honestly raffa, ebay ones probably are just rips of the US ones, unless for some reason they have found a way to remake the dp at the same quality for 1/4 of the cost, i would see issues with cel's, power gains and cracking, maybe even fitment.

I'd say if your after a cheap dp look hard for a second hand one.

Thing get much easier for us Gen II owners seeing as even some brand name DPs cause CELs.

Most of us are pretty gun shy about eBay ones

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Thanks guys thought as much, have just placed some offers on the US forums, unless someone here wants to part with theirs ..

Even if your able to pick up one for 200 - 400 dollars (cheap) you still need to fork out like 500 for installation lol not trying to burst your bubble but either way the cheapest you might get it is about 800 all installed id think

I have a ebay bargin one, cant say anything bad about it!! perfect fit add 100/200cl cat = cpe performance for a fraction less.........

I got my CPe one fitted at castle hill exhaust in Sydney for 220...

Quote Originally Posted by raffa View Post
    Hey all I've been looking around for a while at dp's of every variety and don't care much for names/brands
    And found some no name dps for around the $100-$150 mark can anyone foresee any issues ? Had a look on the US forums and can't see much negative ? Any comments welcomed
    Raffa

Do you want a full DP with cat, or just the first DP, no cat?
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Either really Troy

I jumped in and got a US Ebay catless DP about 6 months ago for under $250 delivered.
    I've had it in now for 4 months, and have had no real issues at all.... CEL did come on after about a week, had it cleared, it came back on about 2 weeks later and I just left it as it was still driving like normal anyway and after a few days of showing the CEL it went away and hasn't come back!
    Now this could be explained because I bought a cat less DP and added a 100cell cat after the DP in the straight pipe.

The performance shop (S&J) said it was very well built but said they wouldn't use the cheap gasket it came with, they priced a new gasket from Mazda but was going to be $180!!! so they used the original one as it was in good condition
    I'm getting 192kw's and loving every bit of it!