User Tag List

Thread: Potential Mazda 6 MPS Owner!

Default Potential Mazda 6 MPS Owner!

Hi Everyone,

Well long story short - I've had a few cars and the current ride (Skoda Octavia vRS) is giving my missus some back issues because of the firm seats. Absolutely love the car (Runs the Golf GTI MkVI Engine - plus I got it tuned) but she drives it every day so looks like we will have to sell up! I've owned FWD and RWD but always wanted AWD

SO, I'm in the market - searching for a Mazda 6 MPS. Would have gone the Mazda 3 MPS but small boot with family to come, probably not the best idea!

Just a couple of quick questions.

Do the 6MPS suffer from gearbox failures after being modified (tuned etc)?
    What price should one pay for one? I want something in VERY good knick with lowish kms.

Will keep searching through the threads for info - in the mean time! Thanks for having me lol

Cheers,
    Andrew.

Welcome Andrew. You're in the right place for your quest.

Have you sat in an MPS yet? I'm not sure what the seats are like in a 6, but in my 3 (GENII) there no where near as hard as a mates GTI (same year as your Skoda (love those cars BTW)). So you might be in luck.

Family on the way, or still practicing?

Hey Andrew,

Just to give you an idea of pricing I picked up a 6 MPS on Tuesday with 57k, in very good condition, for $23k. As a (very) rough guide I would suggest:
    <$22k = usually higher mileage, more wear and tear
    22-30k= more '06 and '07 models with lower kms
    >30k = tell 'em they're dreamin' (from what I've seen, even '07 models with very low kms struggle to sell for this much)

As for the seats, I've found them to be quite good so far, the electric seats in the leather pack offer heaps of adjustments. It is a very comfortable car IMO.

Anyway, best of luck with the search, it is definitely worth it in the end!

Hi Andrew.
    Welcome.
    If comfort is a primary factor, check out the poverty pack MPS6. It doesn't have the leather seats, and I feel that the cloth ones are more comfortable than the leather. That said, though, the luxo seats have a heap of adjustment in them, so you should be able to find a good position. I just can't get mine quite low enough. I'm 191 cm and my head rubs against the roof lining .
    Best wishes for your search.

Pete.

6mps ftw!

Quote Originally Posted by guitar69 View Post
    I'm 191 cm and my head rubs against the roof lining
    That's what the Sunroof is for Pete!

Hi Andrew and welcome!

As mentioned in terms of comfort I reckon the material seats are more confortable. There are pro's and cons between these and the leather as I've owned both in a Mazda 6 before.

I haven't heard of a gearbox going on any MPS. In regards to the 6 you're more likely to have the rear engine mount, diff mount bolts, diff clutch kit, diff mounts go before the gearbox itself. Also don't launch with traction control on as you can break drive axles, turn it off and you'll be fine.

What price should you pay...hard question as you would need a target kms to chase to be able to find a reasonable price based on those kms. This won't help but I bought my MPS6 in 2009 with 13,000kms on it for 33K. It was still a fairly newish car back then though. Redbook will probably be your guide but I would imagine somewhere around the mid 20's for a stock MPS6 with average - low kms would be my stab in the dark.

Heaps of info here to help you out mate, and have a poke in the members rides threads to learn MOAR to do with this car! Any questions, let us know

Andre

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Thanks for all the info guys. Our Skoda sold over the weekend, actually got pretty lucky because first person to view it bought it - and there aren't many Skoda buyers around!!!

So when we went looking, we had a largish range of cars we were looking for and then we come across one little immaculate car we didn't expect to find, nor fall in love with!!! We purchased, and pick up this week - a Mazda 3 MPS 2008 Sports in Metro Grey! We looked at the boot and ummm'd and ahhh'd but we made the decision to go for it! Only has 30,000kms - had an inspection done and the bloke said it's very good condition for it's age. Happy Days!

Although I didn't get myself into a 6 MPS, I'm back into the Mazda family!!!

Yesterday I ordered SURE Torq R3, Shortcut & Anchors. Next will hopefully be a Whiteline rear sway bar and also maybe a JBR weighted gear knob.

Can't wait!

Fantastic stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Well done! Actually my wife liked the look of the Skoda RS wagon, strange as she thinks they all look like hearses Might be our next car when kids arrive!

Good stuff mate! Post up some pics and enjoy your car! BTW if you plan to keep the stock turbo a while or indefinately, check out the hypertech tune. Does wonders to the 3MPS from what I've heard

Thanks for the info.

Picked her up tonight...I've gotta say - totally different car to the Skoda. The MPS feels like a real drivers car and I can't get over the sound at start up - sounds so damn nice. No regrets selling the Skoda for the MPS!!! Lost a few awesome features in the Skoda, but you dont need those in the MPS. Love it!

Pictures up soon, going to get 2 tiny dents taken out...minor scratches removed and then hopefully come to a cruise