User Tag List

Thread: Corrosion Protector

Default Corrosion Protector

Heyya All,

Having starting problems lately where it ignites and then fizzles out after barely a second. And I read that in another forum to check the clamps and things. So I popped the hood today to see if I could see anything loose and I couldnt. What I did notice though is a large amount of brown discolouration around the terminals on the battery that I have never seen before... Then I noticed the little green light ont he corrosion filter wasnt flashing.. So then I reach in and pull out the cables that connect it... Some friggen "mechanic" must have had disconnected it and never put it back on!! So grrrrrr... I just want to take my car to a mechanic and have it coming back in at least the same or better condition then what I dropped it offf.. Anyway that is a side gripe.

My question is, does the two little arms that the corrosion filter has just connect up to the + and - terminals of the battery? Or where do they go... And is it too late if there is already some discolouration and stuff?

Thanks...
    Last edited by ZedN; 07-10-2011 at 08:33 AM.

I've got one of these on my car, can't remember the brand, but I'll have a look tomorrow how its hooked up

ok, so the brand I have is called Final Coat and it seems that there's a wire that is connected to the +ve and -ve terminals

I think you're mistakening what these do, they are anti-rust devices that protect the car's body not to prevent the battery from having fuzz on the terminals. Unless you got something different? google the brand you have

Okies, cool thanks lup15 I thought as much but wasn't completely sure.. And mine looks pretty stock I thought everyone had one, lol. I'll connect them up, see if I cant get myself statically charged.