User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: nexus prime & ice cream sandwich -- 11 october

Interesting. Cheers

Still running Gingerbread I see. Maybe it'll be ICS by the time the Telco's start flogging them

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    From what I've read, LTE destroys battery life, and unless you're looking to do large amounts of HD video streaming, probably isn't worth it...

If you're really after speed, try telstra nextG, bit more expensive, but damn side faster...
    LTE, 4G, whatever you want to call it - its seriously for the birds.. You will only be able to use it right in the heart of the city centres, and the moment you're 1-2kms outside, gone... waste of fking time IMO..

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    No way man.. Why would you want anything less than the TI or Samsungs Exynos dual core CPUs???

The SGSII HD uses the Qualcomm Scorpion dual core found in the HTC Sensation XE, which is, to be honest, lacklustre and old news hardware. I'd rather get the Galaxy Nexus as the TI dual core benchmarks better than Samsungs Exynos dual core found in the SGSII - which is why it drives the Gnex's 1280x720 screen as smooth as it does.

Checkout the SGSII HD on youtube. It's real choppy.

IMO, wait for the SGSIII coming with quad cores in April/May this year. This phone will be an absolute beast!

Quote Originally Posted by Wardski View Post
    LTE, 4G, whatever you want to call it - its seriously for the birds.. You will only be able to use it right in the heart of the city centres, and the moment you're 1-2kms outside, gone... waste of fking time IMO..

---------- Post added at 11:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 AM ----------

No way man.. Why would you want anything less than the TI or Samsungs Exynos dual core CPUs???

The SGSII HD uses the Qualcomm Scorpion dual core found in the HTC Sensation XE, which is, to be honest, lacklustre and old news hardware. I'd rather get the Galaxy Nexus as the TI dual core benchmarks better than Samsungs Exynos dual core found in the SGSII - which is why it drives the Gnex's 1280x720 screen as smooth as it does.

Checkout the SGSII HD on youtube. It's real choppy.

IMO, wait for the SGSIII coming with quad cores in April/May this year. This phone will be an absolute beast!
    oh, scorpion... ewwww
    yeah, you want a exynos or TI OMAP proccessor...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Well I just signed on for a Samsung Galaxy Nexus

ICS here I come

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Well I just signed on for a Samsung Galaxy Nexus

ICS here I come
    Man, you won't regret it.

In other news, Kogan has dropped the price of the Galaxy Nexus to $599. What a bargain!!!

Yeah saw that! If I wasn't a couple of hundred short this month I'd have bought one. Pretty good deal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123