User Tag List

Thread: MPS 3 Gen 2 Clutch Problems?

Default MPS 3 Gen 2 Clutch Problems?

Has anyone had anyone had any problems with the clutch on their MPS? I've got a Jan 2010 MPS with 26,000 on the clock, just the last couple of weeks the clutch has been "taking up" inconsistently, thought it was the fact i was driving the SS around during the week and wasnt used to the MPS, But my Mrs who drives "Essy" every day reckons its been doing the same to her.

Anyone had a similar problem?

I have the same year, model and I'm at 23,000ks.
    Not noticed an issue yet, but I will be checking it now

Just a thought, i've had mine awhile now and had a clutch replaced at 20,000km (its now sitting 35,000) it was making this squeeking noise that was only evident at times. Had to take it in a few times for them to figure out what was going on. Mind you, warranty work for clutches are a pain in the arse to deal with as Mazda Aust will only put the blame on either: 1. ur driving style 2. you tracked it. and ive never tracked mine. Anyway, its a thing that you will never know if its wrong until u pull the damn thing apart.. That said, the MPS does have a pretty dodgey clutch that you have to get used to using.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Same year model here, same K's. The clutch is just crap. I was driving my housemates XR5 more smoothly after 2 minutes than I ever can in my MPS, then him trying to drive my car is just pure comedy.

If you haven't already, a rear engine mount upgrade helps a lot with clutch feel but also transmits a lot more vibrations into the cabin so it's not without drawbacks. My guess is the MRS won't like it at all.

End of the day, our cars have fairly crappy vague clutches. There isn't anything "wrong" as such, they just kinda suck.
    Last edited by Reedy; 07-10-2011 at 01:12 PM.

Yeah I know its a unusaul feeling clutch, still better than the brass button in my old skyline lol.

Just seems inconsistent, mayb e a heads up for other owners to keep a eye on theirs,

I'll let you guys know if it gets any worse

Josh

I noticed a huge improvement when I had a CPe rear engine mount installed.
    I had the annoying knock on acceleration which the dealer couldn't find.
    So I asked the dealer to change the mount to the CPe I supplied. Done and all solved.
    They claimed there was nothing wrong with the old mount, but obviously it was stuffed.
    The added bonus was the better shifting and clutch feel after the replacement mount.

Hi guys,

This thread may or may not shed some light. Mine slipped out again after I posted in the below thread and I had it checked again, only for the Mazda mechanic to tell me everything seemed normal. I know it slipped again though because the position of my seat never changed but my knee was now touching the steering wheel when the clutch was fully extended out from the floor and before it wasn't.

I've now had mine for almost 2 years, the clutch has finally settled since the last slip and I'm used to it now. The rear engine mount is definitely on my list to do, from what I've heard it's definitly worth it

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/tech-...nt-moving.html
    Last edited by Leelu; 11-10-2011 at 07:50 AM.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

I've had the same in mine. Friction point changed about 8 months ago. Hasn't changed since

in fairness to the op i have removed this post.

its his to get information on his issue
    Last edited by IceValk85; 11-10-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Total Hijack! A quick search using "mps6 clutch" on Tapatalk revealed this and several other threads on MPS6 clutches!

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10240

ive looked at them all yeldarb i know

the cars driving me to the point of selling it, so i was just trying to see if anyone had any ideas in a clutch thread.

Ice

Sorry to hear mate. US forums no help?

Have you taken it to Mazda, get them to inspect it? I'm sure some members here know cooperative Mazda dealerships. No doubt they'll ask the Earth to fix it, but that's when you come back here for more specific questions when you know what's wrong. Just a thought.
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 11-10-2011 at 09:53 AM.

i have had a look through the US sites, nothing quite fits mine.

going to start my own thread so as not to take the limelight from the OP

Ice