User Tag List

Thread: Chiptorque tune and CAI intake booked! Some other queries though....

1. Cool Chiptorque tune and CAI intake booked! Some other queries though....

Hey guys, well I've owned the car a week and I've already been bitten by the modding bug! I've got the MPS booked in at HP-F in a month for a Chiptorque tune and CAI install but wanted to check out forum members experience with sound/power increases with a CAI vs a SRI? The price and service from the HP-F guys is pretty good ($1200 for both installed and tuned) but interested in the experiences had by all on both, thanks guys!!

(20-30kw additional at the wheels, bring it on!!!)

Awesome mate, your going to have one sweet intake noise . Is the tune using the Chiptorque Tune box and there uploading/tuning the map or are you getting them to do there Mazedit tune (reflash)?

You'll have about 130-135 stock and nearly 155 by then end of it

James

When I put my SRI on, the sound was great but I didn't notice any difference in shove. When I had the SRI modified and relocated to become a CAI the sound was still there and the bum dyno picked up a bit of an improvement as well.
    Hope it all goes well for you.

Yeah SRI sounds cool but unless an airbox of some sort is made to sheild the heat away
    from the intake you actually lose power from hearsoak. i actually learnt this first hand
    on the chiptorque dyno and since have made up a box/ heatshield.
    Cheers Todd

I got CAI from HP-F really nice bit of gear, my intake temps are never over 5 degrees when driving and almost always around 3 degrees

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I got CAI from HP-F really nice bit of gear, my intake temps are never over 5 degrees when driving and almost always around 3 degrees
    Awesome guys thanks again for your input! Bakis, just voted for your car on the Just Car Facebook site, can't wait for the tune and CAI, looks like those HP-F guys definately know what's best for the MPS, bring it on!

.. Sorry didn't even notice I posted something was just reading can any of you guys delete it
    Last edited by MaxMPS; 07-10-2011 at 04:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Hi Bakis. I assume that you mean 3-5 degrees above ambient.
    Is that correct?

Pete.

Yeah sorry mate re-reading that didnt make much sense lol

10. Default

Ok guys, decided to go ahead with the CAI after tossing up between this and SRI, will keep you all posted on progress!!

I'm bias but good call mate , there are optional upgrades no matter what way you went for the SRI an heat shield is recommend to keep Inlet Temps Down and for a CAI getting a hydro shield is an option if your ever concerned with getting water in the filter.