User Tag List

Thread: 2012 Mazda3 priced from $18,450* with Skyactiv

Default 2012 Mazda3 priced from $18,450* with Skyactiv

Filed under: Car Buying, Budget, Sedan, Hatchback, Mazda

Mazda has officially released pricing on the 2012 Mazda3. The Japanese automaker has dropped the price on the Mazda3 i SV sedan, which now carries a price tag of $15,200 (*plus a $795 destination fee). That vehicle comes equipped with the previous-generation 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine under the hood, so if you want to sample the company's new SkyActiv-G 2.0-liter four cylinder, you'll need to setp up to the Mazda3 i Touring at $18,450. With an Environmental Protection Agency-estimated 40 mpg and 155 horsepower, the engine is both more efficient and more powerful than its predecessor.

Mazda is also offering the Mazda3 i Touring in hatchback guise, and the added functionality will set you back $18,950, plus destination. That extra door will cost you 1 mpg highway, however. The EPA says the Mazda3 i Touring hatchback is good for 39 mpg highway. Both the hatch and the sedan may be had with either a new six-speed manual or, for an additional $850, a new six-speed automatic transmission.

Of course, we're just as interested in the Mazdaspeed3. The 263-horsepower machine will set you back $24,000, plus destination next year. Hit the jump for the full press blast.Continue reading 2012 Mazda3 priced from $18,450* with Skyactiv
    2012 Mazda3 priced from $18,450* with Skyactiv originally appeared on Autoblog on Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
    Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...

It's fascinating that in America they pay a similar amount for their base model but the range topping MPS is half the price it is here.