User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iphone 4S

Default iphone 4S

cause no doubt it will be discussed

im just going to copy paste a comment from work friend
    "This is like expecting Star Wars and getting Phantom Menace instead."

Why would anyone have thought there would be a 5 so soon after 4 was released?
    Of cause it was going to be 4S. In the same way as they did 3 then 3S.

Lol its just a name...

Had they called it the iPhone 5 everyone would have been happy..

@ that comment. Nice analogy

TBH; Its Apple cashing in once again. Same 4+ year old product with some upgraded specs and all the fanboi's jump on it.

Seriously, Apple have the world confused.

They arent the underdog anymore.
    The iPod has competitors that are cheaper and break less. More storage too.
    The iPhone hasnt really changed in over 4 years, and still breaks, locks and crashes.
    The iPad is a giant iPod touch, or an iPhone without the really useful feature of being a phone (plus many other things that make it useless for anything bar web browsing on your couch). Plus they managed to cash in by releasing an iPad 2 which is what it shouldve been anyway.

Apple are awesome at what they really do; marketing and PR and hype. And not so great at actually making the products and pricing them realistically.

Now; release the fanboi's! I await!

Quote Originally Posted by Ranton View Post
    Lol its just a name...

Had they called it the iPhone 5 everyone would have been happy..

Not really, all it has is a better CPU, which is behind the times by Android standards, and better camera, meh...
    At least the iPhone 4 have Android handset makers a bit of a scare, this is nothing new... it's basically the same specs as your average Android phone...
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    Not really, all it has is a better CPU, which is behind the times by Android standards, and better camera, meh...
    At least the iPhone 4 have Android handset makers a bit of a scare, this is nothing new... it's basically the same specs as your average Android phone...
    But what Im saying is if they were bold enough to just go out there and call it the iPhone 5 then this wouldnt be the iPhone 4gS thread it would be the

Why didnt apple give us a better screen etc etc thread...

just sayin'

Im a SGS2 man myself :P

I'm just doing up marketing for TBC since they've released their new mardi-gras advertising design...
    So far no iPhone 4S for Telstra - it won't be supported on the 4G network afaik

9. Default

What's an iPhone? I'm still using a Nokia 3310 with funky blue backlights.

That google phone is what the 4GS (5) should have been. So when the 5 is actually out, it will still be playing catch up. But all the fanboi's will still cream themselves regardless.

one of my favoritest phones ever!

after the Nokia 6310...

Quote Originally Posted by MadAussie View Post
    I'm just doing up marketing for TBC since they've released their new mardi-gras advertising design...
    So far no iPhone 4S for Telstra - it won't be supported on the 4G network afaik
    The Telstra 4g network isn't being built for phones (as in used for voice traffic) but for data dongles and eventually 4G enabled laptops, etc.

I thought the IPhone4 Retina screen was pretty bloody good, it had the best resolution ( at the time).

Retina display-IPhone.
    960-by-640-pixel resolution

SG2
    800x480

So, looks clear to me, the IPhone4 STILL has a better screen.
    Last edited by Yeldarb; 05-10-2011 at 03:20 PM.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    The Telstra 4g network isn't being built for phones (as in used for voice traffic) but for data dongles and eventually 4G enabled laptops, etc.

I thought the IPhone4 Retina screen was pretty bloody good, it had the best resolution ( at the time).
    there is a HTC android "4G" LTE phone coming to telstra early next year
    it will use LTE (it isnt technically 4g...) for voice and data
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Sam, the voice component of the call will only use the 3G network. If its a Quad band phone, it may still have a GSM chip, so the voice call will go via 2G. Actually, a large percentage of voice calls in this country still use 2G networks.

My iphone 4 is crap compared to my galaxy sII

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Just a bit ho-hum...Amazing how everyone goes nuts over these mobile devices and every tiny incremental release with a 3.8gigamegajube improvement in access to your whatsit...I still remember carrying around a 20c piece so I could call home if I got lost, and buying my first digital mobile phone which was advertised as "SMS Ready" (coming to a network near you in 1998).

"Operator, patch me through to Brisbane-257 immediately!"

Im awaiting Android 4.0 ICS which will be release on the Google Nexus Prime

4G phones are heading our way...but as said...90% of phone calls and sms use 2G...

3G and 4G is basically about data speeds.

Apple has also lied by saying they are getting 4G speeds.....they get 14.4Mbit/s which is UTMC 3G.....

The 4G australia is getting is 3GPP LTE ...which isnt really 4G ...but pre 4G technology from 2009 before they classified real 4G

Speed on 3GPP LTE.. 100Mbit/s

Real 4G (LTE Advanced or HSPA+) have speeds of 1Gbit/s and 672Mbit/s ...now that is fast..

Android are also releasing Quadcore processors in Q1 2012...so the time iPhone5 comes out...it will already be obselete.

Android were the first to have NFC, dual core processor, notication bar, siri (its called google voice), clouding (google music, docs and gmail)

I wont go on...i was an apple fanboy once....but after buying a Google Nexus S....i will never own another iPhone.

Happy Motoring
    duglet

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    Just a bit ho-hum...Amazing how everyone goes nuts over these mobile devices and every tiny incremental release with a 3.8gigamegajube improvement in access to your whatsit...I still remember carrying around a 20c piece so I could call home if I got lost, and buying my first digital mobile phone which was advertised as "SMS Ready" (coming to a network near you in 1998).

"Operator, patch me through to Brisbane-257 immediately!"

I think I remember these days And paying $5000 for my 1st car phone
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by duglet View Post
    i was an apple fanboy once....but after buying a Google Nexus S....i will never own another iPhone.
    I kinda feel the same, had the iPhone3 which was my first smartphone. Now using a Google Nexus One and will never buy another iPhone. Will be keeping the Nexus One for quite a while!

All the fanboism and hype aside, why won't it show my audio info on my gen 2 mps's display screen when I bt it to the car???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast