User Tag List

Thread: How do I access rear licence plate light globes?

Default How do I access rear licence plate light globes?

Can anyone advise on the easiest way to access the licence plate light globes?

Do I have to take off the interior boot lining or unscrew the plastic covers from the outside?

Just don't want to damage anything unnecessarily.

Cheers
    Fletch

Owners manual

You can take the globe covers off from the outside, don't need to do anything from the inside, you push the plastic clips of of the slots, or if your hands are small enough squeeze the cover and it will pop out!

Easiest way is get the smallest thinnest flat head screw driver you can find. Open the boot (easier to work with it open) from the outside, wedge the screw driver between the plastic cap, and a plastic tab. Be careful as you don't want to break that plastic tab, just enough to wriggle the cap, bending that tab outwards enough so that it "pop's" out. You might find you need to do this on either side of that plastic cap to get it loose. It's easy but take your time. Just a note, only a stub LED (small in length) will fit. I've just ordered a single SMD LED for mine as one has blown.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Quote Originally Posted by rogwick View Post
    Easiest way is get the smallest thinnest flat head screw driver you can find. Open the boot (easier to work with it open) from the outside, wedge the screw driver between the plastic cap, and a plastic tab. Be careful as you don't want to break that plastic tab, just enough to wriggle the cap, bending that tab outwards enough so that it "pop's" out. You might find you need to do this on either side of that plastic cap to get it loose. It's easy but take your time. Just a note, only a stub LED (small in length) will fit. I've just ordered a single SMD LED for mine as one has blown.
    Ur a legend man, yeah one of my LED's has blown too I thought they lasted 50,000 hours or something like that clearly that isn't the case.

Hey I looked for those CF skins for the mirrors upto $199 plus postage bit steep I think but will consider it down the track.

When I do get them I might arrange to catch up with you to make sure I do it properly seeing as you have already gone through this process. Kinda a one shot deal with these things.

No worries mate, yeah mine don't last that long sometimes. My interior ones are still going but I've been through a few parkers.

They're cheap so doesn't bother me when they blow really.

Not sure what mirror's you're looking at but mine were around $112 or something check jpcarbon on ebay or click the link

Ebay

Yeah no worries if you wanna catch up to see the fit but your black MPS6 (it was the black one right) won't have a problem. It was only with mine you could see a little bit of white (or the car colour) on the sides which I covered with black insulation tape and cut with a scalpel. In your case you simply just stick them on and they'll look 100%

M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

Peter "SLIXX"

No worries mate, yeah mine don't last that long sometimes. My interior ones are still going but I've been through a few parkers.

They're cheap so doesn't bother me when they blow really.

Not sure what mirror's you're looking at but mine were around $112 or something check jpcarbon on ebay or click the link

Ebay

Yeah no worries if you wanna catch up to see the fit but your black MPS6 (it was the black one right) won't have a problem. It was only with mine you could see a little bit of white (or the car colour) on the sides which I covered with black insulation tape and cut with a scalpel. In your case you simply just stick them on and they'll look 100%
    Sorry for the hi-jhack! Rogwick are thoughs the ones you got? I want to buy it but just confirming that they are the ones

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Sorry for the hi-jhack! Rogwick are thoughs the ones you got? I want to buy it but just confirming that they are the ones
    If your questions are related to the above I don't mind replying here in case anyone wants to know the same info.
    My thoughts on the CF mirrors? I love them! They would look better on a black MPS in terms of fitting well.
    I bought mine from JP carbon which is the link above

M P S

If your questions are related to the above I don't mind replying here in case anyone wants to know the same info.
    My thoughts on the CF mirrors? I love them! They would look better on a black MPS in terms of fitting well.
    I bought mine from JP carbon which is the link above

Here's mine...

MAZDA 2 DE GENKI
    PEDDERS SportsRyder lowered | KUMHO KU39 LeSport | OPAL Corsa 17" alloys
    CORKSPORT Short Shift plate, F&R strut brace, SRI & air duct | CUSTOM exhaust

Sweet, haven't seen them on a series II MPS3, looks way cool!

I bought them.... god dammit!! lol

I caught this particular mod bug from Jenx, apparently I've now infected quite a few more people.

The Carbon Fibre Virus....are you safe?