User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Outcome of 100K kms MPS6 Service !!! $600 later...

Quote Originally Posted by IceValk85 View Post
    thanks for the info mate, i often feel movement or thumps from the rear diff too. i shall get a friend to load up the clutch with the handbrake on and have a looksie.

did you go aftermarket or OEM for the diff mount?

Ice
    Aftermarket 100%
    go the SURE juggernaught and dreadnaught (Diff brace and front diff mount) - amazing piece of work they are.

and if your side engine mounts are gone go with the AWR like i did, so solid its crazy. also keep in mind your rear engine mount that is a shocker from factory... go with the SURE of CPe if you havent yet.

i have a CPE REM, the factory ones are barf.

where did you get the side engine mounts from? they installed a new drivers side mount i found out today when i called mazda (at 112 000km when i bought the car), but not passenger side. this is the one i think is borked.

do you get crazy crazy vibrations at idle like my CPE causes with all mounts being aftermarket?

mines like a massage chair and the whole steering colum shakes lol!

Ice

Girls love the hectic vibrations

just got a call from melville mazda. everything that needed to be done is covered by swann extended warranty.
    ill know more when i go pick it up.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    just got a call from melville mazda. everything that needed to be done is covered by swann extended warranty.
    ill know more when i go pick it up.
    That's great news.
    Please keep us updated.

noise is gone and it was the vvti act was replaced (part was $260) and a whole bunch of other parts (including timing belt)

(if anyones interested, i can type in the actual list and cost for each?, some seem questionable but i guess thats OEM) .

the total cost was around $1500. so thats all being picked up by swann (so ive gotten half my moneys worth for the $3K upfront extended warranty)

car drives much better that what i remember, but i think it could be because i had just gotten used to the kermit green machine 2 loaner.
    Last edited by JohnnyC; 13-10-2011 at 11:50 AM.

JohnnyC, can you please scan and email your Swann reciept to me (omitting names, etc of course) so when I get a similar issue investigated, I've got some leverage to show the warranty crowd that they've delt with these cars before?

MPSGarage? Seriously considering this?

i havent received anything from Swann yet. ive got an invoice from melville mazda, which is billed to swann.
    if i get anything from swann (so i guess im technically not on the home straight yet?) ill see what i can do.

10. Default

Gee... you would think you would get more bang for your buck out of a $600 service.....
    Perth always like this?

Quote Originally Posted by boostin6mps View Post
    Gee... you would think you would get more bang for your buck out of a $600 service.....
    Perth always like this?
    Yep.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123