User Tag List

Thread: Workshop recommendations - FSD Install

Default Workshop recommendations - FSD Install

Hey Guys

I've just recieved a set of KONI FSD and I'm planning on getting them installed soon. Anyone able to recommend a good suspension place in the inner west of Melbourne? Footscray Pedders is not too far away but I'm a bit hesitant I've heard some pretty average things about Pedders. While I'm at it, also looking for a place to get the exhaust header installed and the car serviced. I'm living in Yarraville these days, need the car daily for work though annoyingly so haven't had a chance to get it booked in anywhere for either.

Also has anybody else had the Koni FSDs installed in a 6 (or even the 3 assuming similar amount of work is involved)? I'm curious what a ballpark figure for install is, don't want to get ripped off.

Cheers

2. Default

I can't recommend anyone in Melbourne - but cost wise my Bilstiens and Eibachs set me back around the $650 -$700 mark. ( around the 6 - 7 hour cost for labour )
    They needed to drop the rear end out to do the whiteline rear sway bay and the rear springs and shocks.

Whitewun

Hi there sorry to hijack your thread.

Im in the market to look for a set of FSD with sport spring too.

how much did you pay for yours and is it only the shock or with the aftermarket spring?

i used to go to this place near stud park along stud road. very reputable... cant remember the name.. have to search thru my drawer in a sec..

Thanks,

Ronald

Hey
    I got my shocks from the RPM store here --> Koni FSD Shocks for Mazda 6 / Mazdaspeed 6 (complete set) #2100-4052 - Revolution Performance Motorsports!Set me back under $900 delivered to my door.

As for springs I didn't go with them because from what I've read the reccomendation is that if you lower the car much more than it is now the FSD will stop working properly. If you want the car much lower you need Bilstien B8s (I think). Works ok for me though save money on springs and the install of said springs.

Looking to get these in the next few months, anyone have a rough ballpark figure on the installation cost (SYD)?