User Tag List

Thread: installation of CAI

Default installation of CAI

hey guys..i just recieved my CPE CAI today and was wondering do MRT performance do installations.. and is it worth buying the 3A air filter pod instead of using the one that it comes with?

Blog Entries

I would have thought it would be pretty easy to do yourself and the filter with it should work fine being one from CPE

yea but im not all that good with the hands on sorta thing.. i'll prob fudge it up

4. Default

I suck at that stuff too but got my Cobb in.

Have you looked at the instructions yet? Taking out the old air box is easy. The only hard thing for me was getting the accordion hose off the elbow joint.

I believe there is a trick to it like squeezing the metal inside it together or maybe pushing it apart more. Can someone clarify please?

Hey Stealth, the install of the CPE CAI on my 6 was relatively painless though had to maneuver the A/C pipe a little bit. The rubber hoses slip on and off easier with a bit of heat applied to it (heat gun or hair dryer) if you find them a bit tight!

My 2 cents worth - Read and re-read instructions, get all your tools ready, allow yourself plenty of time, don't rush, take care with the MAF, disconnect the battery (avoid nasty accidents like spanners contacting terminals etc) double check everything and make sure all your connections are tight, before reconnecting battery and then kick her in the guts and enjoy

If you need phone help am happy to talk you through if I'm free when you attempt it
    Cheers
    Chris
    Last edited by shakespeare; 24-03-2009 at 06:35 PM.

cheers shakespear.
    wat about the filter...do u guys recomend just using the cpe one they give u or getting the 3a one... apparently the 3a one is the best on the market

Got the AFE filter that came with the CAI appears to be ok no complaints here, though not being a filter expert I've got nothing to compare it to. Anyone else got opinions?

advanced Flow engineering (aFe) Air Filters & Intake Systems

oh one thing i just remembered....do u guys recomend an ECU reset after u install the CAI or not???

Blog Entries

I did but not a major thing to do...its so the car "learns" the new intake faster.

And if you disconnect your positive terminal prior to install, you've reset it

ahh i see i see...wat gains are made from the cai
    apart from the bov the car is stock

Blog Entries

I noticed a massive throttle response increase and also bottom end to mid range power.

you will also notice a WICKED intake noise

ahhhh i cant wait lol.. one more sleep then its time.muahahaha
    then i can officially say ive joined the modded crew lol

You get it on ok?? You should have said something when we were out at KK's, i could have pulled your air box out and installed there for you. God knows i have pulled my car apart enough since i brought it

lolz i already had it in man...i had installed it the day before