User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New to market tyres available in 215/45 R18

1. Default

Don't know about you guys, but my S1 Evo's gripped so much better when I installed lowered springs and got a good wheel alignment. I was instantly amazed at how the 215 wide tyre were holding onto corner so proficiently...

To be fair though, I haven't tried a semi-slick yet, so my opinion will vary once I go down that path.

Well I took a little convincing, but I have changed to a 225/45 R18 tyre. I ordered Michelin Pilot Super Sport from Tire Rack and had them fitted today. So far I'm impressed, however it has made a noticeable difference with the speedo. It is now either dead on the indicated speed or max. 2km/h slower. Will have to make sure the needle is spot on the speed limit!

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Well I took a little convincing, but I have changed to a 225/45 R18 tyre. I ordered Michelin Pilot Super Sport from Tire Rack and had them fitted today. So far I'm impressed, however it has made a noticeable difference with the speedo. It is now either dead on the indicated speed or max. 2km/h slower. Will have to make sure the needle is spot on the speed limit!
    Welcome to the Super Sport club
    CES "SS" TBE | SURE "Aeros" SRI | SURE "Sidewinder" TIP | SURE "Return" Recirc Hose | CUSTOM "PWR Core" FMIC | Hypertech "Tuned" | Turbosmart "Atmo" BOV | MSD DashHawk | CP-e REM | SURE "Anchors" Shifter Bushings | JBR SSP and Weight | JBR Heavy Knob |Redline Hood Quick LIFT ELITE | TEIN "SS" Coilovers | Front - Rear HOTCHKIS Swaybars | Front - Rear DBA 4000 Slotted Rotors | A1RM Brake Pads | 18x8 +45 Tenzo-R Cuzco Black V1 | 235/40/18 Michelin Pilot Super Sport | Safe n' Sound baby Seat lol

hi Andy, I'm due for tires soon myself. How much did supersports cost you shipped from tirerack? and how much did fitting and balancing cost you too? Cheers

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Good work Andy! Yeah, having a speedo that's spot on is a bit stressful when passing by those annoying safety cameras in traffic... have fun!

I did some research and found out the Super Sport is basically the Pilot Sport 3? If true, I got a pretty decent quote by my local Bob Janer recently for PS3s - 235/40/18 for $1100 fitted. IIRC 225/40s are about 1000 shipped from tirerack...

mech81: tire fitters normally charge between $15-25 a wheel to fit tyres. Depends who you go to.
    Last edited by laser beam; 17-10-2011 at 09:50 AM.

6. Default

I dont believe the super sport is the PS3, it is a step up from the PS3 which is already great to start with.. We have PS3's on both our RX8 and MPS6 and they are supurb overall (grip, wear, noise levels) with a huge bonus of sensational wet weather handling.

Either one you go with you would be overjoyed Im sure and your car would be smooth as butter in handling in all types of conditions ... go Michelin

Yeah the speed cameras are exactly what I am worried about! I'll just have to be careful The PSS are a step above PS3 and are a successor to PS2. Some of the highest ratings I have seen on tyrereviews.co.uk

A friend and I both bought these tyres, I got 225/45 R18 and he got 225/40 R18, the tyres were about US$4 difference per tyre. With freight and GST/quarantine/handling, cost about $320 per tyre.

I had mine fitted for $16ea at Kmart which included the premium balance. Very happy with their work.

All up it is alot cheaper than the quote of $475ea we got locally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12