User Tag List

Thread: Is my gearbox / transmission mount gone?

Default Is my gearbox / transmission mount gone?

Just for the info, I have a SURE rear engine mount.

Okay, everytime I shift from 1 - 2 - 3 I get a clunk noise in between every gear WHEN the clutch is pushed in, it does not happen if I lift of throttle and not push the clutch in. It sounds like it's coming from the front or the middle ish? Very irritating and stopping me from driving hard because I'm scared of something falling out.

If I WOT in between these gears, the clunk is EXTRA LOUD!! very noticeable to people that drive beside me.

Could this be the transmission mount failing?
    Last edited by High on PSI; 26-09-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Coming from the front or the rear of the car?

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

I can't really tell..

But i'd say the front, doesn't sound like the rear.

My rear differential bracket / mount use to be lose and everytime I would change gears the rear would rattle. I've had the fixed though. It's definitely a different issue

Edited my first post so it's more understandable now... lol

You could try disengaging the drive to the rear wheels with the handbrake up one notch method, if the clunk still occurs then it's front end related rather than rear drive related. Apart from that I'm not much more help

Could be the problem I have, rear clutch kit slippng (the box before the rear diff)

Quote Originally Posted by shakespeare View Post
    You could try disengaging the drive to the rear wheels with the handbrake up one notch method, if the clunk still occurs then it's front end related rather than rear drive related. Apart from that I'm not much more help
    Totally forgot to try this, it does sound like its coming from the front, and I can feel it through the cabin too.. Will give this a shot anyway

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Tried it, still getting the clunk

8. Default

I had a sound like that... More when the front wheels list traction and the gearbox mount is allowing too much movement and the exhaust is hitting the body

Sent from my GT-I9100T