User Tag List

Thread: Mps3 Rear sway.... Tell me what your using

1. Default Mps3 Rear sway.... Tell me what your using

As it says in the subject
    Mps3 Rear sway.... Tell me what your using, and maybe a quick review... Also where you got it from!!!
    Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9100T

Whiteline, got it from Whiteline.

Pros: One piece design, simplicity (NO Welds).
    Cons: The whiteline one has positioning brackets that you need to fiddle with. Jbarone/Corksport bars fitment is easier and they come with better bushings.

Soft setting is similar to stock, firm setting sharpens up cornering and makes it a lot more fun. At the track my turn in and mid corner balance has gone from understeer to near perfect balance. Corner exit is still strong understeer tho.

HOTCHKIS from Hotchkis Sport Suspension Sport Anti-Roll Bars

Only been in the car for a few days but the difference they make is obvious as soon as you driveaway after install, Im yet to push the car... I need badly a wheel aligment due the installing of the front swaybar as well.

The car feels planted to the ground and around corners you feel a lot less body roll, gives you a lot more confidence going through a corner or a fast bend.

Went with HOTCHKIS over Whiteline because it was 5mm bigger (32mm over 27mm) and its looks and bushings look a lot nicer.

On the softer setting 95% stiffer than stock, on stiffest setting 140% stiffer than stock
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hotchkis_22436.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	9655  
    Last edited by Nirvandan; 24-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvandan View Post
    HOTCHKIS from Hotchkis Sport Suspension Sport Anti-Roll Bars

Only been in the car for a few days but the difference they make is obvious as soon as you driveaway after install, Im yet to push the car... I need badly a wheel aligment due the installing of the front swaybar as well.

The car feels planted to the ground and around corners you feel a lot less body roll, gives you a lot more confidence going through a corner or a fast bend.

Went with HOTCHKIS over Whiteline because it was 5mm bigger (32mm over 27mm) and its looks and bushings look a lot nicer.

On the softer setting 95% stiffer than stock, on stiffest setting 140% stiffer than stock
    Did you install this yourself or get someone to do it..and if you don't mind me asking how much did the installation cost ?
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

The rear swaybar is a VERY easy install, it took me about 20 minutes to do. It's about as easy as a ream engine mount install job.

I haven't looked into what the front one involves but it is a lot more complicated than the rear.

Is the adjustable endlinks available with the hotchkis front sway bar?

Quote Originally Posted by naasif View Post
    Did you install this yourself or get someone to do it..and if you don't mind me asking how much did the installation cost ?
    No cheap($250+), installation was done by http://www.fulcrumsuspensions.com.au/, mostly because of the front swaybar and your car will likely need a wheel aligment also.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Is the adjustable endlinks available with the hotchkis front sway bar?
    There was no options to add adjustable endlinks, I wasnt looking for some either. Most likely you will need to buy them apart.

There is a thread on here that gives all the details on the available sway bars with diameter and there increased load compared to stock but i cant seem to find it any help?

HOTCHKIS Swaybars SPECS:

Front Rate
    :
    35% stiffer than stock / 560 lbs/in
    29mm

Rear Rate:
    95% stiffer than stock / 1,625 lbs/in
    140% stiffer than stock / 2,030 lbs/in
    32mm

Pity it doesn't look like Hotchkis make them for the Gen II. That's a really good looking swaybar

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

It's the same. At least the rear is, not entirely sure about the front.

Brackets are different between Gen I and Gen II

Ahh that will explain why my Whiteline bar came with 2 different sets of bushings!

Yep that'll be it

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

I am getting a quote for Whiteline Front & Rear sway bars with the Whiteline bump steer correction kit

Peter "SLIXX"

16. Default

What's the bump steer correction kit ??

Sent from my GT-I9100T

According to Whiteline bump steer is when the wheels control the steering of a car without input from the steering wheel. Occurs over bumps etc and is mote aparrent when lowering your car and stiffening the suspension

"Whiteline rear bump steer kit is designed to change bump steer characteristics depending on driving conditions. It is beneficial to reduce the amount of bump steer to give a more positive feel - sharper handling - reduced rear passive steer & reduce understeer."

It's listed on the Whiteline website

Peter "SLIXX"