User Tag List

Thread: Gen1 vs Gen II - Performance not too good

Default Gen1 vs Gen II - Performance not too good

hey guys

i had a 2008, gen 1, with cp-e cai, turbosmart dual port BOV and hypertech tune, this thing used to be AGRESSIVE, like throw you in your seat something chronic

got a gen II now, 2009, put all same mods on loaded the gen II tune from HT and i must say im not impressed at all, my mates got a xr6 who i used to kill, n now he smokes me by like 2 cars

whats the go?

....you shouldnt have sold the GEN I.....

Maybe you got lucky in your Gen 1 in regards to power etc, I know Jase definitely thinks his 1st Gen 2 was more powerfully than his current one.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Ive done nothing to mine outside of lowering it and adding a cpe rear engine mount and I have no issues with xr6s' (N/A models, not the turbos, they're a different story)

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Noone can really tell you why unless you had some dyno info for the gen1 and could compare it with your gen2. Could just be the tune in the gen2.

Blog Entries

Taller 1/2/3 gear ratios

Quote Originally Posted by buzurk View Post
    hey guys

i had a 2008, gen 1, with cp-e cai, turbosmart dual port BOV and hypertech tune, this thing used to be AGRESSIVE, like throw you in your seat something chronic

got a gen II now, 2009, put all same mods on loaded the gen II tune from HT and i must say im not impressed at all, my mates got a xr6 who i used to kill, n now he smokes me by like 2 cars

whats the go?
    Power shouldnt be much different.

Feeling its definately the complete opposite, dunno why Mazda had to kill what used to be BEAST, the GenII feels very lazy!

Probably the Smiley Face has something to do with it