User Tag List

Thread: Smoked LED Reflectors

Default Smoked LED Reflectors

So I finally got around to working out how to install these reflectors. They can either replace the existing ones, or can be spliced into the Parker/Brake wiring to behave as they do

I bought them from eBay from Spedline. These are the same ones that MickeyACT bought for his car

Without having to take off the bumper, to remove the original reflectors you need to remove the bolts that support the bumper bar to give it some flex

The reflector screw sits almost flush with the bumper beam support. I found out if you use a shorter screw driver (not a stubby one) you can angle it in

After you remove the screw place pressure on the clip and they pop out

To put the new one in make sure you screw the screw in the reflector first to make a groove. I used a bit of WD-40 in the hole. Once the reflector is in place you should be able to get the screw in no problem

I haven't spliced in the wiring yet into the Parker/Brake light wires, as I'm not too confident to do so. I'll get some help on the weekend

Thanks to MickeyACT & Yeldabr for the help!!

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Nice work! Do u have a pic of both reflector on your rear bumper? Still thinking to go black or red reflector..

looks nice!!now i want mine done too

Quote Originally Posted by ra2o View Post
    Nice work! Do u have a pic of both reflector on your rear bumper? Still thinking to go black or red reflector..
    Yeah. Sorry. Sorta forgot to take one side by side

If I can put up with the idea of trying to remove it to put the original in I will, but to be honest the time it takes it's not likely!!

But I do like the stealth look.

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Looks good Pete

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Thanks guys

I was so tired last night trying to put them in. I hope I can provide some insight to anyone who is thinking about getting them

MickeyACT and I have found out the coloured wiring on the reflector AND on our 3GenIIs are different

MickeyACT Reflector - Black/Red/Blue
    Slixx Reflector - Black/White/Red

MickeyACT GenII - Orange/Green/Black
    Slixx GenII - Orange/Purple/Black

I'll have some more pics of the wiring and the final install when i get around to it

Looking forward for the pic when u r done of coz with lights on!

my mate has his done..ill take a photo tonight if i see him..i wish the mps 6 had the reflectors all the way a long the reflector

I must admit, yours look very different to mine. You cant see the LED's in yours, whereas you can in mine...hmmm

Just an idea if you are planning on running these just to come on with your parkers, rather than running wires and tapping into your main light assembly, it is infinitely easier to tap into your number plate lights, that's how I did mine and they work a treat.

Nice. Will think about that

Peter "SLIXX"