User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any differences between 06-08 MPS3?

Default Any differences between 06-08 MPS3?

Hi all,

New to this forum, and glad to be here

Looking into getting my first MP3S and just wondering are there any differences between the 06-08 MPS3's?

Thanks heaps!

pretty sure its the just the number stamped on the plate. You can make a 6 into an 8 easily :P

I thought the 08 has an updated interior. P

Piano black finish?

Peter "SLIXX"

There were some trim changes between the 06/07s and the 08s, the earlier models had metallic grey trim, the 08s had piano black, seat fabric changed slightly, white gauge needles instead of orange, only minor stuff like that

Thanks for all your replies guys. Makes it easier picking one!

Also, is it worthwhile going for the sports rather than the non-sports model? I mean, would I be missing out on anything if I went for the non-sports? Besides the leather trim, extra speakers, Xenon. Just seems that there are more non-sport models on the market at the moment and finding a decent sports model with reasonable mileage is... well, a challenge

I have attached the Mazda 3 MPS History (as per Red book)
    Hope this helps

Edit: New File with Redbook Abbreviations

Mazda 3 MPS History_v1.2.pdf
    Last edited by slixx; 21-09-2011 at 12:48 PM.

If you want me to upload the Standard MPS or the BL model, let me know

Thanks

Thanks for the pdf slixx, will come very handy! Sorry to sound ignorant but what's the BL model?

Quote Originally Posted by levitize View Post
    Thanks for the pdf slixx, will come very handy! Sorry to sound ignorant but what's the BL model?
    npz mate

2006-2009 Mazda 3 MPS (BK Model)
    2009-2012 Mazda 3 MPS (BL Model)

It's just the model code of the vehicle to diferentiate between model updates

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Cool thanks for your help buddy!

Just to quickly bump up my question, would anybody be able to tell if it's worth it to go for the sports model over non-sports?

Thanks guys!

Just to quickly bump up my question, would anybody be able to tell if it's worth it to go for the sports model over non-sports?

Thanks guys!
    Go for the Sports model comes with Bose stereo... and the 08 model
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

Quote Originally Posted by 240MPS View Post
    Go for the Sports model comes with Bose stereo... and the 08 model
    I wish!! It's hard to find one in black though with decent Km's on it!

i have an 07 sports pack

i like the leather seats/stereo/xenon's. i chose the sports because of the seats mainly. cloth seats look shit.

if you dont care about the seats or the glossy wheels that the sports model has - i would buy a regular mps..

hope this helps!

Sport/Luxury = Xenon headlights, Bose stereo, shadow chrome wheels.

Base = Standard lights, standard stereo, standard color wheels.

BK = 2006 - 2008 (Gen 1)
    BL = 2009 - current (Gen 2)

---------- Post added at 09:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 AM ----------

Oh, tailights where changed to clear lens with black background for 2008 I think... (don't quote me)

thanks for the replies guys! exactly the info that I was after!

Have another quick question for all you knowledgeable MPS folks!

I'm nearing a decision for an '08 MPS however what I've noticed is the left side of the front bumper isn't in line with the fender. I also noticed this with another MPS that I went to check out and the guy said it may just be a loose bolt or something. This time round they had no idea why is what like that. Is this a common issue or would this be an indication there was some sort of impact in that area?

I've attached an example pic to give you an exact idea of which area I'm referring to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mps.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	9664

Thanks for your help as always guys!

Odds are the front bar may've been off for any number of reasons. Could just be nothing.

Have another quick question for all you knowledgeable MPS folks!

I'm nearing a decision for an '08 MPS however what I've noticed is the left side of the front bumper isn't in line with the fender. I also noticed this with another MPS that I went to check out and the guy said it may just be a loose bolt or something. This time round they had no idea why is what like that. Is this a common issue or would this be an indication there was some sort of impact in that area?

I've attached an example pic to give you an exact idea of which area I'm referring to.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mps.jpg 
Views:	316 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	9664

Thanks for your help as always guys!
    Mine as come off there due to being lowered and thats the number 1 sport for it to pop out, there is a 8mm screw behind there but the plastic sometimes break and u need a washer to fix it.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    Mine as come off there due to being lowered and thats the number 1 sport for it to pop out, there is a 8mm screw behind there but the plastic sometimes break and u need a washer to fix it.
    Thanks for this Jrbris! Gives me the reassurance that it's a common issues (if anything) - time to get an inspection done and if all checks out, then I'll be a proud new owner of an '08 MPS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast