User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any differences between 06-08 MPS3?

My understanding, Changeing Bose Stereo is harder on the Gen 1 than the Gen2?. Have a look a peep's mazdaspace for ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Brackaus View Post
    My understanding, Changeing Bose Stereo is harder on the Gen 1 than the Gen2?. Have a look a peep's mazdaspace for ideas.
    Hi Brackaus,

I'm not fussed about the sound system, just glad that I'm not missing out on anything major by going for a non-sports model!

Yeah it's mostly accessories, the you can get HID kits for the non-sports and it's much easier to change parts as well... i think!? The engine/mech is the same on either, both will make you smile but as overthe top as the Gen 2.

hid's , headlight washes and leather trim. and the boes stereo is about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrbris View Post
    hid's , headlight washes and leather trim. and the boes stereo is about it.
    Cool! Thanks Jrbris. I can live without those things. I like the normal seats anyway. What sort of HID kit would you recommend for the MPS, and where would I be best to source this from?

Thanks all!

Quote Originally Posted by levitize View Post
    Cool! Thanks Jrbris. I can live without those things. I like the normal seats anyway. What sort of HID kit would you recommend for the MPS, and where would I be best to source this from?

Thanks all!
    PM 2xs on here, HID's LED's u name it his got it.
    M P S - 3 - | K&N Filter | AEM CAI | CES Racing TIP | CES Racing Dumppipe | CES Racing 3" Stainless Exhaust | | 200CEL CAT | Pedders XA Extreme Coilovers | JBR REM | Painted Badges | COBB AP Stage 2 | JBR Heavy Gear Shit | FMIC |

Congrats in advance...

I like the normal seats anyway
    Cloth seat FTW

I went the "pov pac" (non sports) because i didnt see the point in the extras, although i could have got the "phat pac" (sports) at the same price but i just didnt want semi leather seats as i think it looks tacky, like they ran out of money while making the seats, so they threw a bit of cloth in to fill in the blanks Also after riding in the back seat of a fellow members "phat pac" with a dress on i was happy i got the cloth seats, because my arse could not get any traction and just kept getting thrown around the back seat...so all your gf's will love you for getting the cloth

Quote Originally Posted by MISSMPS View Post
    Cloth seat FTW

I went the "pov pac" (non sports) because i didnt see the point in the extras, although i could have got the "phat pac" (sports) at the same price but i just didnt want semi leather seats as i think it looks tacky, like they ran out of money while making the seats, so they threw a bit of cloth in to fill in the blanks Also after riding in the back seat of a fellow members "phat pac" with a dress on i was happy i got the cloth seats, because my arse could not get any traction and just kept getting thrown around the back seat...so all your gf's will love you for getting the cloth
    that story is a load of bull, since when do you wear dresses???

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Have another quick question for all you knowledgeable MPS folks!

I'm nearing a decision for an '08 MPS however what I've noticed is the left side of the front bumper isn't in line with the fender. I also noticed this with another MPS that I went to check out and the guy said it may just be a loose bolt or something. This time round they had no idea why is what like that. Is this a common issue or would this be an indication there was some sort of impact in that area?

I've attached an example pic to give you an exact idea of which area I'm referring to.

Attachment 9664

Thanks for your help as always guys!
    i'll double check mine this morn
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    that story is a load of bull, since when do you wear dresses???[COLOR="Silver"]

Every year on my birthday

2008 was the series 2 version with the nicer interior in the sports model, and I have had many mps mobsters wishing they had the sports model interior in there 06/07 models???? The white speedo needles were brilliant I drove Col's 2007 sports model ( Series 1 ) for 5000k's this month and I kepted reaching for the dash controls to adjust it thinking there was something wrong with it, at the end of the day it's personal taste and what you can afford and if you look around you will find something with all the features at the right price. Best of luck with your search...
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

i'll double check mine this morn
    Thanks I'd appreciate that

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    Congrats in advance...
    Thanks buddy!

---------- Post added at 09:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

Cloth seat FTW

Thanks guys (and girls) for all your replies of help and encouragement! Getting an '08 Series 2 MY08 MPS (non-sports/low kms) this Friday if the inspection goes well.. Can't wait!!! Can barely contain my excitement!

I'll be using StateRoads to get the car inspected as the general consensus on them is that they're pretty reliable and comprehensive.

...Can't wait! Oh wait, think I've said that already!

Thanks I'd appreciate that
    Yeah, got a gap on front left as well... But I did gently nudge (sub 5kph) a stationary object at one point so that could be why...
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

No gap in mine

Yeah, got a gap on front left as well... But I did gently nudge (sub 5kph) a stationary object at one point so that could be why...
    Do you reckon fixing it so the panels are lined up again is a simple task? (e.g. tighten loose bolt) or would it require something more than that?

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

No gap in mine
    You mean, no gap (yet)! haha

kidding!

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 AM ----------

I've got another question (this thread seems to be full of them! ha!), would anyone know where to get a replacement chrome exhaust tip from? And would it be difficult to install? As i think the current one has a ding on it. Thanks!

Supercheapauto sell chrome tips?

Cool, is it hard to take the stock one off?

I think they're welded on...

Won't be chrome after he drives 50km with them on... They'll be black

Quote Originally Posted by Grajy View Post
    I think they're welded on...
    Oh crap

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast