User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EOI: Tactrix Openport 2.0 GB

Thumbs up EOI: Tactrix Openport 2.0 GB

So, i asked Tactrix and the reply was "we do sometimes do discounts for user groups. Do you have a number of units in mind? "

Post your expressions of interest here.

Interested

What program are you getting yours for?

Quote Originally Posted by cletusb View Post
    Interested

What program are you getting yours for?
    Im hanging on the Versatune option.

If versatune release a tune for the Aussie 6mps I'll join the GB. Hopefully that will be soon.

Quote Originally Posted by kmh001 View Post
    If versatune release a tune for the Aussie 6mps I'll join the GB. Hopefully that will be soon.
    Send them a mail maybe, i mailed them and they are interested in my offer of helping test for the Gen II 3MPS.
    Dices......shoosh now Marty......

2010 BL 3 MPS Lux - MPS-101 | CP-e SRI, TIP, TMIC, DP| CS Air Box | Cobb AP | Autotech HPFP internals
    Turbosmart Dual Port BPV | REM 60 Durio | Dashmate-mat | Lakin | Carbon vinyl M | Sharks fin | therpmstore gas struts
    Tints, Dark | Tail Lights Tinted | Rear Reflector LED's | Twin DRL's | Mirrors w/ turn signal LEDs

Not Installed yet : Prosport Boost, Water & EGT | Fog HID's

WISH list : Springs | New Rims | Big Brakes

TD has already sent them a copy of the Aussie tune, I'm just waiting for the outcome.

oh yeah...

I'm interested. Price-age?

Hope there is another alternative to the AP or HT..

Doesn't look like enough interest for a GB? I might just go ahead a buy one.

11. Default

Any more info on this? Am I correct in assuming it is a generic tune, similar to the Hypertech? (sorry if incorrect, I only just started researching them)

Versatune is customisable tuning software. However there are tunes available for those who don't want to tinker and users can upload their tune for others to use.

Quote Originally Posted by laser beam View Post
    Any more info on this? Am I correct in assuming it is a generic tune, similar to the Hypertech? (sorry if incorrect, I only just started researching them)
    It's not a tuner, it's a J2354 data interface cable to interface from a PC to a cars OBDII port to enable ECU read/write (e.g. for diagnostics and flashing with the correct software). See this link:

Tactrix Openport 2.0

These are commonly used by the Subaru and Mitsubishi Evolution communities to communicate with their cars ECU, and they have open source (i.e. free) ECU flashing software available which utilises this communication standard.

There is a commercial custom tuning solution being developed for the Mazda 3 and 6 MPS (aka Mazdaspeed 3 and 6) at the moment using the J2354 data interface standard, and this cable is recommended by the developers of this solution as the most reliable to use. Note that this solution is not yet available on the Australian market, but a discussion thread has been started here on OzMPS to track the development for the Australian market:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...ution-mps.html

Other tuning solutions for our platforms which utilise this communication method maybe available also (MazEdit?, OpenECU?)

If you are chasing one of these cables in expectation of Versatune becoming available for the Australian market I'll make the following recommendations/observations:

- If you have a 6 MPS it has been mentioned that Versatune may now have Australian compatibility, but we need more info on this. Check with Versatune and if they say they are now supporting the Aussie 6 MPS, by all means just purchase one of these cables and their tuning package instead of waiting for a group buy.

- If you have a 3 MPS of either generation, wait for the Versatune beta trials to finish and the tuning software to be released to the Australian market before taking the plunge. I'm wearing the risk here for us Aussie Gen1'ers and happy to do so, there's no point in you all going and buying these cables if your car doesn't end up being supported or there's a delay in getting it working for us. Note that Gen2 support is likely a fair time away yet.

I think a group buy for these is perhaps jumping the gun a little for something which may end up sitting on your shelf for a while, just wait for a bit, or if you're that desperate to have one just buy one...
    Last edited by TD; 06-10-2011 at 05:16 PM.

14. Default

Thanks gentleman. I'll do a solid research session once this current uni assignment is out of the way.

Quote Originally Posted by TD View Post
    It's not a tuner, it's a J2354 data interface cable to interface from a PC to a cars OBDII port to enable ECU read/write (e.g. for diagnostics and flashing with the correct software). See this link:

Tactrix Openport 2.0

These are commonly used by the Subaru and Mitsubishi Evolution communities to communicate with their cars ECU, and they have open source (i.e. free) ECU flashing software available which utilises this communication standard.

There is a commercial custom tuning solution being developed for the Mazda 3 and 6 MPS (aka Mazdaspeed 3 and 6) at the moment using the J2354 data interface standard, and this cable is recommended by the developers of this solution as the most reliable to use. Note that this solution is not yet available on the Australian market, but a discussion thread has been started here on OzMPS to track the development for the Australian market:

http://www.ozmpsclub.com/forum/elect...ution-mps.html

Other tuning solutions for our platforms which utilise this communication method maybe available also (MazEdit?, OpenECU?)

If you are chasing one of these cables in expectation of Versatune becoming available for the Australian market I'll make the following recommendations/observations:

- If you have a 6 MPS it has been mentioned that Versatune may now have Australian compatibility, but we need more info on this. Check with Versatune and if they say they are now supporting the Aussie 6 MPS, by all means just purchase one of these cables and their tuning package instead of waiting for a group buy.

- If you have a 3 MPS of either generation, wait for the Versatune beta trials to finish and the tuning software to be released to the Australian market before taking the plunge. I'm wearing the risk here for us Aussie Gen1'ers and happy to do so, there's no point in you all going and buying these cables if your car doesn't end up being supported or there's a delay in getting it working for us. Note that Gen2 support is likely a fair time away yet.

I think a group buy for these is perhaps jumping the gun a little for something which may end up sitting on your shelf for a while, just wait for a bit, or if you're that desperate to have one just buy one...
    this ^
    i'm waiting to hear on results of TD's beta with the versatuner before purchasing anything
    Newbie FAQ My Build Thread
    From stock, to GT3071, to substantially less modded, many lessons learned!
    3" HTP | 100 Cel DP | Autotech HPFP | AP V3 - Self Tuned on E20 | JBR RSB | CPE S2 REM | JBR Shifter Bushings

Thanks Guys for the input, all correct.

The info I have from Versatuner is 3 Gen 2 is coming but they are fairly busy i think.
    I have offered my help with the Gen 2 much like Dan is with the Gen 1.

I personally am also interested in the ability of the openport 2.0 to standalone data log.

On Topic of GB, in comms with Tactrix i have been really impressed. In fact Renee from Tactrix has even gone as far as jumping on our forum and taking a peek at the interest.

Renee has offered us a 10% discount on the units (Combined postage for the order) and advised that the biggest saving for us would be in the combined postage.

So at the moment the offer has been put to the 3 people whom had shown interest, i think thats pretty decent offer considering the GB is pretty slow to gain momentum.l
    Dices......shoosh now Marty......

2010 BL 3 MPS Lux - MPS-101 | CP-e SRI, TIP, TMIC, DP| CS Air Box | Cobb AP | Autotech HPFP internals
    Turbosmart Dual Port BPV | REM 60 Durio | Dashmate-mat | Lakin | Carbon vinyl M | Sharks fin | therpmstore gas struts
    Tints, Dark | Tail Lights Tinted | Rear Reflector LED's | Twin DRL's | Mirrors w/ turn signal LEDs

Not Installed yet : Prosport Boost, Water & EGT | Fog HID's

WISH list : Springs | New Rims | Big Brakes

That's good news Dices. It appears Aussie 6MPS compatibility is now available with Versatune so I'm ready to buy. Does combined postage mean all units go to one address? I'm happy to take delivery and re-distribute. Lets get this rolling.

correct, one address in Australia then redistributed out to other locations.

Are we all ready to purchase? If not I'll go it alone.

I'm in. Hit me up baby!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast