User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS - 18 x 8.5 +38, 235/40/18

Default Mazda 6 MPS - 18 x 8.5 +38, 235/40/18

Rota G-Force 18 x 8.5 +38 with Nexon N6000 235/40/18!

It's been fitted, the tyres were cheap so I went ahead and bought them! I'm amazed with how it handles.

It looks so aggressive now! It is still running stock height but it doesn't look that bad, there is NO SCRUBBING at all!

Was meant to get Eibach springs and wheel allignment done tomorrow but have decided to purchase the Bilstein B8's so waiting for them to come in then installing them together with the springs! My guards will be rolled before I get the shocks and springs installed, pictures of how it is now too come! Looks like a monster truck

Last edited by High on PSI; 20-09-2011 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    pictures of how it is now too come! Looks like a monster truck
    ... stick some mud tyres and those rubber wheel arch flares and head down to the local 4x4 track...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

Just washed her, picture is up! couldn't take a good picture because the other angles were blinded by the sun.

Jealousy!

Lookin' good there mate, the lowering springs will definitely be icing on the cake!

5. Default

Looking good! Now get the beast saggin' ....

lol

...on it's guts!!!

Looking good PSI man!

got any pics of your car from far away?

I'll take some pics when I get my hands on a real camera instead of my shit phone..
    and I'll see if any were taken at the cruise on Tuesday

I took some when we were rolling side by side after the GF tunnel, but my camera couldn't focus on a moving target well and they all turned out shit.

looks awesome..what did u use to spray your reflector with??

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

u shud also make a thread in the members area will be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by esp22 View Post
    looks awesome..what did u use to spray your reflector with??

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

u shud also make a thread in the members area will be awesome
    Gloss Black spray paint.. didn't use anything special.

Thread will come when the car looks good enough to be on there

Used my shit phone.

WOOOO 4x4 SPEC

Here's a better idea of where it sits at stock height.. it looks ridiculously high in this picture for some odd reason though...

And how much it sticks out

Nice!

It will rub for sure over sharp bumps if you going fast enough....

......or will rub easily if you have people sitting at the back or if your boot is full enough.

All these even if your guards are rolled, lucky your tyres are cheap.

Just me in the car and another passenger, I corner as hard as I can and it won't rub, people in the back it rubs easy enough on little bumps.

Full guard roll should do the trick, another member has the same setup with me but different rims, and is lowered on H&R springs and also 245 tyres, scrubbing gone.

Hopefully I'll be okay

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

I had 4 of my old tyre and rims in the boot while driving with the new setup and it was fine though

Diferent from the MPS3 then

I had 18x8 +35 on 235 tyres lowered on KINGS with rolled guards and it would rub with the mentioned above.

Lucky my tyres were cheap, by the time I needed new tyres I decided to get new rims changed the set up to +45....was so over the rubbing and the cheap tyres lol

It will look sweet once you get those to fill guards filled by lowering it

looks good kien! just dial in some camber when you get wheel alignment after the shocks/springs and it will move it more into the guards = less rub...you could easily have put 235s all round on that size width wheel as thats what I used to run on my old s15 with 18x8.5+30....also the guard rolling will help too!

18. Default

High on PSI: my work computer has blocked every image uploading website, and PMing you back won't allow me to add these pics.. so I'll just post it in here.

The rears tuck perfectly now. The fronts still need that mod I told you about but it's not that bad as it is.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-09-25 15.14.18.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	9666Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2011-09-25 15.14.39.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	9667

Your front and rear looks even.. my front looks like its out more then the rear :s

I've got +45's, and mine scrub in the rear when I've got someone sitting in the back. It's stock height too. Going to need to get the guards rolled to sort that out I think.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast