User Tag List

Thread: are toyo tyres good?

Default are toyo tyres good?

Are toyo tyres good tyres? better than kumho?

Looking at getting some of the proxes ones?

Thanks

i see your from the gold coast, give option 1 garage a call in brisbane, get a set of kumho ku36 best bang for buck tire available

Get a set of 888's

I have been looking at getting Toyo for my next tyres, I have wanted to try the Proxes 4 however there is a new one out now, Proxes T1-Sport. The best price I had on those in 215/45 R18 was $280ea.

Toyos are good for the 1st half of there lifespan. Once they get old, the become crappy. Kumho do not have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by projectrracing View Post
    Toyos are good for the 1st half of there lifespan. Once they get old, the become crappy.
    As in age or wear?

Wear.

my mate has a brand new set of proxes for $600 ..set of 4? worth it?

9. Default

Hi everyone

I am a new comer from SA and I am also trying to decide on my next set of tyres, even though that may be a few months away. The reason I started investigating is that I purchased a 2nd hand Madza 3 MPS and they insalled serious budget tyres on the front (AUD 100) and I thought it would be good to drill the tyres and test the car, as the tyres are cheap. As a result I have created a spreadsheet of spec's, reviews and opinions etc and like everyone else dont want to pay Bridgestone OEM prices (great grip but low treadwear) and want best value for money as opposed to supply vs demand (advertising, brand names etc). At the end of the day your name brands will cost more whether better or not, so you need to find the best budget tyre that meets all the spec's at the best price and keep it a sectret because the minute the demand increased, so does the price. Having said that lets find the best tyres for an MPS rather than for all cars. Based on 225/45/18 93 Y and better, I have selected the following to meet the minimum specs for under R2000 (AUD 250) per tyres to choose from:

Kumho (various)
    Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110
    Falken 452
    Toyo T1R - slightly over budget

All the above fit in the Max / Ultra high performance review category except Falken that are not sold/reviewed by the same websites etc, so difficult to draw a comparison with Falken although price is very attractive and reviews from a different website are great. It is also hard to go solely judge on reviews as the sales people could also be posing as a customer, but that is most obvious when they only recommend one brand. My take is the collective of all the results. There are many other top brands that go without saying but are way over the price budgeted above.

Having given my statistical input I would now like feedback from anyone that has actually driven on two or more of the above to draw a comparison and the pros and cons of each, as usually everthing has a tradeoff comfort vs steering feedback, soft sidewall etc.

Only had Bridgestones for the last 25years and not long out of my Falken 452's and going by your list I'm no help to compare by your list but I would never buy the falkens 452 while my ass points to the ground again..

Toyos are good for the 1st half of there lifespan. Once they get old, the become crappy.
    Agreed.

for $600 may be worth it??

i would read the entire tire review thread, as its dedicated to this, the generall consensus is tho, best bang for buck is Ku36, best cheap tire is Ku31, and best tires overall is advan Ad08 but expensive

falkens FK452 are basically scary to drive on with my brief encounter and everyone i have ever seen that had them said the same as me, stay right away

stick with kumho or advan, and if your never going to track i hear from multiple people that michelin pilots are very good street tire too

I'm probably going to get flamed/kicked off the forum for this....

I know they're ridiculously expensive....

I love bridgestone adrenaline RE001's. I just do. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm probably going to get flamed/kicked off the forum for this....

I know they're ridiculously expensive....

I love bridgestone adrenaline RE001's. I just do. :P
    Not from me you won't, great tyre... I've taken a liking to the Yokohama S-Drives and loving the AD08 since driving other peoples cars with them......
    Like sand in the hour glass are the days of my life.

Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for a while, leave footprints on our hearts, and we are never, ever the same.
    You will be in our prays
    Leelu.

If you want a general consensus from this forum:

Michelin PS3 are very highly regarded for street/highway driving
    A good, sports tyre on a budget, KU31
    Good value track day tyre, KU36
    Best track day tyre (without going to semi slicks), AD08

Those are the tyres that people repeatedly recommend. Bridgestone RE001's are up there with the AD08's but they are a bit too expensive for mind.

im thinking i may getting continental contisport contact 3...have heard good things..expensive though