User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MPS6 owners!!! Expressions of interest please!

Default MPS6 owners!!! Expressions of interest please!

FMIC!!!
    In the past 2 weeks I have been exchanging emails with PWR in regards to developement of intercoolers for the MPS range and in particular a FMIC kit to suit the MPS6!
    This only an expression of interest but all comments, suggestions and questions are welcome if this helps get another top quality Australian product on the market for our cars!

PWR wants to know that there is decent demand for MPS performance parts if they are to put the R&D into such products!

What do You want and expect from a FMIC kit?

: Bar and plate cores?
    : Neat and direct Plumbing with minimal hose joins?
    : Stock style BOV mount?

What dont you want in a FMIC kit?
    : Extensive modifications or removal of vehical features?

PWR have been very helpful, they have replied to My emails and been very prefessional!

I will give this link to PWR so they can read and follow as well

Thanks PWR
    Last edited by MPS2NV; 19-09-2011 at 06:09 PM.
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

I've been after a FMIC for my 6 for a while now!

I know for one that it's meant to make my BOV alot louder and sound different to what it sounds like without a FMIC, might sound really silly but I like loud BOV's and that's part of why I actually want a FMIC haha.

I want a FMIC with neat piping like...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2/IMG_1262.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2/IMG_1254.jpg

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a2...2/IMG_1264.jpg

But would rather the pipes to be bent that way rather than joined up that way with couplers.. leaks would be a mission to find

So far I have said to PWR that I would like a fmic kit that doesn't require removing factory accessorries like the washer bottle, must work with various CAI and must support room for decent horse power. At this stage trimming inside the bar looks to be a given on the mps6.

Thanks mate!

Something to consider with PWR is that they use may extruded tubes, which means the internals don't have a lot of surface area for exchanging heat.

Extruded tubes look like this:

More efficient 'bar and plate' tubes look like this:

If you search the net you will find contrary views about these things. Perhaps PWR will comment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00075-1.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	42.3 KB 
ID:	9594   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CAC_BD_Int_tubes.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	68.9 KB 
ID:	9593   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intercooler_fmic_core_th.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	9595  

Gone to Volvo

Can't they do ones for Gen 2? lol :P

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    I've been after a FMIC for my 6 for a while now!

I know for one that it's meant to make my BOV alot louder and sound different to what it sounds like without a FMIC, might sound really silly but I like loud BOV's and that's part of why I actually want a FMIC haha.
    Why would an FMIC make it sound louder?
    Nuliaj: Hatches are only really half a car anyway.
    shinslinger66: And you forgot to add that they are also a girls car!

7. Default

Tell them the price son!!!!

At this stage no comment has been made on which type core would be used, however in the first few emails exchanged exchanged they did refer to the above mentioned tube type design.

An mps3 design I assume wouldn't be out of the question but mps3 does not suffer from the room and plumbing issues that arise with the mps6. The mps3 owners already have a better choice available to them but if PWR want to Im sure they will also keep the mps3 in mind.

Being that this is only an expression of interest a price or ball park figure isn't available at the moment.

My initial email to PWR didn't actually have anything to do with FMIC and here we are!

Thanks people! keep it coming!
    Every man should have a V8 ute.....with a Chev badge.....and a Southern Cross sticker! Mods? What mods?

No one cares?

no one cares about 6's

Quote Originally Posted by SarcasticOne View Post
    no one cares about 6's
    +1...

Get me a car, I'll make you a kit.

1 of, no need for a big run.

I have full CNC bent piping with bead rolled ends. Bar and plate cores.

It can't be too much different to a 3 in regards to piping, just the mounting of the FMIC.

I did contact PWR in regards to a kit for the 3, many many years ago. I purchased 2 cores from them (the PWR painted one is on an over-rated car) But they cores alone cost me $800 each. Tube and Fin style (better flow than effecient)
    Last edited by 2XS; 21-09-2011 at 07:46 PM.
    Achievements
    2009 Jamboree Street Compact Winner
    Aust. Quickest and Fastest MPS
    12.3 seconds @ 111Mph.
    Proven over the Qtr mile

Another Mazda 3 MPS - Almost fully bolted - Waiting for a turbo upgrade - The weekend hack.
    Toyota Yaris - Coilovers, rollcage, raceseats, harnesses, 18s - Also waiting for a turbo upgrade.
    2011 AWD Territory - White and Slightly lowered on 22s - The tow car.
    2011 RWD Territory - Black on black and slammed on 22s - The family transporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    I actually have no idea why, but lots of people after installing a FMIC have different BOV noises, like flutter or something...

Dear PWR, Sam and John dont care about mps6's so lets forget I posted this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by MPS2NV View Post
    Dear PWR, Sam and John dont care about mps6's so lets forget I posted this thread.
    +1

Damn straight

Quote Originally Posted by Nuliaj View Post
    The BOV is more audible because of the front mount, longer piping gives more space to amplify the sound.

That's what I just read somewhere on youtube

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    The BOV is more audible because of the front mount, longer piping gives more space to amplify the sound.

That's what I just read somewhere on youtube
    Also, the extra tubing holds a lot more air... all (or most) of which must pass through the BOV when it opens... more air through BOV = more BOV noise...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

I don't think more air is released. If you have a long hose or a short host, turn it on for 5 seconds, you're going to get the same amount of water coming out from each. Since the pressure in the IC and piping is the same, the rate of release of air will be the same too. It's more likely to do with (at least in the MPS6) the the stock pipe work prior to the BPV is made of rubber which will change the noise.

i could hav a spare $1000 troy if u want to make a fmic for my 6

understanding i have a 3 mps with fmic, BOV noise aint that much different, but i do have a aliminum tip, so spooling is a bit louder.

the difference from stock tmic to fmic is way better but time for a tune for me car feels slow again lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast