User Tag List

Thread: HELP!! Injector Fuse keeps blowing!!!

Default HELP!! Injector Fuse keeps blowing!!!

hey guys, driving along tonight and my mps3 just dies on me

Cranks over find just wont start, after some diagnosis we worked out the 30 amp injector fuse was blown, sweet, pulled one from the AUDIO 30 amper too and started car, left it running for like 10 mins on idle then drove off, got 100m down the road, and pop, it goes again, car dies!!

come back, popped cooler cover off n checked wiring, all seemed ok for this time of night, popped another one in, left cooler cover n stuff off got about a kilometer up the road, bang again, seems to happen when you hit a decent bump too

car has been fine all week, drove around for like 2 hours or so this arvo fine, come home, put my turbosmart BOV back one, went into town, drove around, put fuel in then parked up to see mates, wend for a drive again and this is where it started, can anyone assist?

Check any hose clamps etc around the main ECU loom (next to the battery) a few people have had issues where clamps (particularly t-bolts) on certain intakes have been migrating, causing rubbing through the wires.

Sounds like some form of short if it is occurring over bumps etc, the next place to look would be all the plugs for the fuel & ignition that sit on the top of the motor.

what mods you got ? SRI, TIP

hey thanks heaps guys, it was a hose clamp rubbed through a wire, all sorted now, car is brand new, to many more days of enjoyment