User Tag List

Thread: Top Gear Australia Axed... :(...

Default Top Gear Australia Axed... :(...

I think this is really sad i thought the aussie guys did a good job last season and this one.
    Top Gear Australia axed from Channel 9

Nooooooooo, it was slowly getting good.

People need to realise that its impossible to compete when Australia doesn't have access to the cars England do, and they were working with a fraction of the budget England do.

And if you look back at where UK topgear was after 3 seasons I think the Aussie did a pretty good job.
    Especially with all the narrow minded people who rubbish it right from the start.
    Only thing I hated about the show was Ewan Page.
    But top gear uk went through a few hosts before they got the formula right.

3. Default

its sad that they don't get much of a go, but ratings rule and ch9 can't afford to have a poor rating show in a timeslot like that.

I watched every episode in an effort to support local content i suppose, but i did at times wince at how scripted and unnatural the presenters were with each other. It's a shame they called it top gear because straight away ppl draw comparisons with the original which has so much chemistry between the presenters (and a bigger budget), so really oz top gear was doomed from the start.
    Al 2010 Gen 2 3MPS - CS SRI & TIP, Whiteline RSB

Its true the show was improving slightly as time went on but you still can't polish a turd.

Quote Originally Posted by Reedy View Post
    Its true the show was improving slightly as time went on but you still can't polish a turd.
    But you can roll it in glitter...

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Haha I just burst out laughing at work. Had to explain what I was laughing at.

Then everyone else laughed.

Good times were had.

Blog Entries

Would have worked better without commercials every 5 minutes!. It took them an hour and a half to show 45 minutes of TV!

I they they tried a little to hard to form the chemistry TGUK had. But the production was pretty good. Very harsh to compare it to TGUK.

As mentioned, TGUK production was pretty average 3 or 5 seasons ago.

It is a shame, car nut country and no tv show to proclaim our love for them.

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    I think coffee just came out of my nose lol

Chemistry and content. Felt more scripted than UK, and then the episode where they compared Ford and Holden without giving a winner was all over for me!
    They did have an up hill battle, but they knew it by taking the Top Gear name.

Clearly...the new Two and a half Men was more important

My only annoyance was that TGA was not informative enough...it was all laughs. At least TGUK managed to both when reviewing a car.

Back to watching 5 year old re-runs of TGUK I guess.

Having said that...I'm enjoying the current season of TGUS.

Ah, I still havent watched much TGUS. Think I got halfway through the first episode; annoying hosts there too! Any eps in particular worth a look?

woo thank god, the show was nowhere.

Thats good news!!

15. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue01 View Post
    Ah, I still havent watched much TGUS. Think I got halfway through the first episode; annoying hosts there too! Any eps in particular worth a look?
    Top Gear Australia???? Don`t you mean The Shane Jacobson Hour? This guy needs to go back to doing what he is really good at - Cleaning Dunnies!!

Top Gear UK is the best any of these shows could possibly be. They have 3 well educated guys standing up for and stating their views. I like the show, not just for the cars, but for the fun that's had on that show. Mainly the challenges. Like the Vietnam one. Nothing to do with cars, but what an adventure!

Bottom line, Top Gear Aust was always going to be a lesser of a motoring show.
    But it's another example of the English making a cracking great show, and the rest of the world trying to cash in...
    ___,...--'--..--...,,,
    [__--_;=-o-:iiiiiilll.===
    ``/ /-'|___|;;;;;;;;: