User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Check your side engine mounts….NOW!!

1. Default

yea mate did both sides in 75duro lol
    still wearing in and havnt rechecked bolts so cant really comment on vibes yet but if they stay as they are now then yes there are a fair bit more vibes... but the engine is pretty much bolted to the car... as i said im sure the vibes will settle a bit.

i had about 35k km on the car and the trans mount was on the way out.... so i wouldnt be very confident spending money on the standard mount for it to just fail again...

Post installation report:

As suspected the passenger side mount for me had leaked the fluid and now the engine is bolted hard with the AWR mounts, drives great, increase in vibes initially but now 1000kms later it's not bad... But noise is carried through the car hard lol I don't mind it

did you have a rem from the start though? I just wont be able to accept the noise that aftermarket mounts currently generate

Is this more of an issue in the 3's than the 6's? As HighOnPSI mentioned, there aren't many 6 options readily advertised on the usual sites...

Quote Originally Posted by lup15 View Post
    did you have a rem from the start though? I just wont be able to accept the noise that aftermarket mounts currently generate
    Mad a custom REM in it , still do... Now the vibes are crazy lol and the noise is quite loud, but there still being broken in so hopefully it settles abit!

I put fresh spark plugs in recently (genuine denso itv20 iridiums) and that made a noticeable improvement to idle vibrations. Not enough to cancel out the borked mounts I have, but it made the whole car pull smoother through the rev range too. My plugs were VERY worn.

Just an idea for anyone on high milage plugs, might be worth a change.

Looks like SURE motorsports has a side engine mount on the cards - Torq S3 -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torq s3.jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	32.2 KB 
ID:	9976
    Last edited by naasif; 17-11-2011 at 08:43 PM.
    Trying to keep it subtle ... | COBB AccessPort | COBB DP | CP-e HPFP | CorkSport TMIC | TurboSmart BPV | Denso ITV22| CorkSport Boost Tubes | SURE Full3 Aeros | SURE REM (Street) | SURE AGS SS Shift Knob | 2XS SSP + SURE CounterShift | Speedline Front Strut Brace | Whiteline RSB | Prima Paint Protection

Dont you need to combine the side and trans mount when you do them? or no?

pulled half my bloody engine bay apart to check my transmission mount. still in 1 piece.
    Good, cause i didnt want to fork out for a new one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12