User Tag List

Thread: Will this intake fit?

Default Will this intake fit?

I've done searching but couldn't find an answer to m question. Sorry in advance if it sounds noob-ish but i'll accept the consequences

I've got a CAI from my SP23, the Simota charger kit, just curious if this will be able to fit on the 3 MPS or is the diameter of the piping and position all wrong? just figured if it is re-useable i may aswell and if not then i need to do some shopping or PM 2XS for some prices :P

Nope, very different in design, and Im sure the MAF diameter would also be different between the two.

Blog Entries

Matt is correct...totally different intake.

Figured it would be different. Thanks for that, looks like some shopping is needed.

Any suggestions for a nice intake?

Last edited by rogwick; 14-09-2011 at 10:41 AM.

cheers Andre, the SURE motosport intake looks nice, but no engine bay pics of one fitted because i wouldnt mind trying to get the Corksport Air Box around the filter.

Anyone here got a SURE intake?

A few people have it installed, can't think of any on the top of my head. Might have to do a search or maybe a google image search to see what it looks like fitted.

found the SURE thread that was started and seen a few pics/videos, seems like a nice set up and i'll place an order for the Aeros and Sidewinder (TiP), but only problem i have is that im not a fan of exposed filters in the engine bay so im trying to find a carbon fibre box for it which isn't seeming to easy to find. Saw a member on here with one but its coupled with the CS intake and fitted to a Gen II. Only company i've found so far is Auto Exe with a complete set up at a price of $1480....... So, my search continues for a CF box

Corksport do a SRI with a cover
    www.mpsgarage.com.au
    www.corksport.com

Peter "SLIXX"

Thanks dude, yeah thats the only one that i've been able to find but im trying to figure out if this will be able to fit properly with the SURE motorsports SRI. But i might go down to MPSG and see if im able to test fit it somehow once i get the SRI.

Failing that i'll make my own over a weekend or something.

I wrote to Cullen at Sure and he insists that the SRI doesn't really require a cover and that they have tested to be quite good

I am still skeptical and am considering the CS one even though it costs considerably more

Peter "SLIXX"

to me intakes like SRI's are relatively the same in design and power figures from the bigger companies like CS and CPe all have the same kind of figures and results once fitted. Only difference being the accesories they offer like the boxes. Only reason im interested in a box is just so that if an officer ever opens the bonnet and sees an exposed filter, they generally dont like that. Having a box or some form of cover just makes life easier at those times. But i'll be running with an exposed filter until i can make something or find something to suit.