User Tag List

Thread: Mazda 3 mps Turbo question

Default Mazda 3 mps Turbo question

I have a 2011 Mazda 3 mps, 3 weeks old. It might be just me but the turbo doesnt seem to kick in as much as to when i 1st couple of weeks. Do you think there could be somthing up with the turbo or its just that Im getting use to the turbo and thats why i dont think its as poweful? I have only 850km's up and due for its 1000km check up next week, not sure if i should mention it.

If you have been pushing it hard, yeah could be that you're getting used to how the car feels. I too feel as though my car is not as quick as when I first took it for a test drive

Try resetting your ecu

So you can pretty much rule out dirty air filter/MAF sensor based on the low kms. Couple of ideas though.

-What fuel are you running?
    -Check your tyre pressures all round, pump them hard (about 40psi is my preference, check what your pressure should be)
    -Has the weather (temp) warmed up a bit of late you reckon? This makes a difference.
    -Are you considering mods or keeping it stock?
    -You could reset the ECU as suggested above, provided you don't require a stereo code (not sure on the new MPS's)
    -The MPS is a quick car, unfortunately one does get used to it after a while, might be the case. I have a '09 CBR600RR that'll knock your socks off if you've never ridden it before, but now I'm used to it.

With great power comes great fuel consumption...
    M P S
    - 6 - RR | Cobb AP | CAI | TIP | ATP GTX28R | 3.25" TMIC | SS DP | REM | 3" Zorst | SSP Anchors & Countershift | DBA Rotors | K/Springs | Upper & Lower Bracing | Alpine Type S 12" sub MRP-M500 Amp
    | Grille | STi Lip | Shark Fin | 6000K HID | Fog Light Tint | Twin DEFI gauges | Custom Decals & Badges | LED lighting | CF Mirrors & Pillars | Black rims Red callipers

This is the first (of many) moment you realize you want to start fitting mods... We've all been/going through it.

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    If you have been pushing it hard, yeah could be that you're getting used to how the car feels. I too feel as though my car is not as quick as when I first took it for a test drive
    +1... go drive a Hyundai for a week, then come back and tell us the MPS still fells slow.

I too felt that the MPS had gotten slow in the almost 12 months I have had it, till I spent a week in a Hyundai accent while my clutch was being done...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...

I thought that's what dealer courtesy cars were for when you get the MPS serviced.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

i thought mine was slow till i planted my foot against a standard mps and just took off lol

Just drive it like i normal car for a while then start planting it lol

Hi guys, thanks for the tips and advice. Because the car is only on its 3rd tank of juice, the 1st fill up was mazda's fuel but dont know what it was but was happy with, 2nd tank was Caltex 98 Premium and i was really happy with the km's and performance, 3rd tank was BP Ultimate and it just doesnt feel as good as the other 2 fill ups. Next fill up i will try Shell Vortex just so i can compare all 3 major fuels. I will check pressure in tyres and yes it is starting to warm up in sunny brisbane. Next week i take it back to mazda for its 1000km "check up". Thanks guys.

Mine doesn't feel as fast as when I first got it either. I think it's a mental thing

hahaha im in the same boat

need more mods

Mine never felt fast

Personally, I think the cars are a bit temperamental. I'll give it the beans one minute and think this thing goes alright and then out of the next corner I'll get into it again and think this thing is a nugget

Your so right Ash, iv had times like that where 1 minute its like Woohoo & then next minute its like "What The".

Quote Originally Posted by Mps2011 View Post
    Your so right Ash, iv had times like that where 1 minute its like Woohoo & then next minute its like "What The".
    I have that occasionally too, and had it with the MX-6 at times... I figure it's a turbo car thing, getting on it outside the "sweet spot" can be a little underwhelming...

Chris.
    '05 MPS 6, Liquid Silver Metallic, Leather, Sunroof.

DashHawk, TurboSmart Dualport, COBB SF SRI and TIP, CPe REM, 2XS Titanium SSP, Coolant bypass,
    Exedy OEM spec clutch, Corksport SS Braided Clutch Line, ROH Mantis 18*7.5+45.

Growing old is compulsory... Growing up is optional...