User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interior Cleaning - after some tips

Smoking FTMFL!!!!!

thats one thing that I haven't done is smoke in any of my cars...

Good...i always just thought people were feral for smoking in their cars because of the smell....but its the bloody ash and crap that gets every where!!!!

Having the new car now and it having window tint what do people recomend to use as some of the brands state that its window tint friendly but are they really ??

Quote Originally Posted by Team Green View Post
    Having the new car now and it having window tint what do people recomend to use as some of the brands state that its window tint friendly but are they really ??
    You need your window cleaner to not contain ammonia.

Thanks Joel...

Almost all automotive specific ones dont. Meguiars No smear, Meguiars NXT, Autoglym Fast Glass (my favourite) and Stoners invisible glass are a few off the top of my head

on my front passenger seat 1 of the leather uppers has gone a bit of a weird colour, its sort of faded and spotted a dullish grey colour but its the only 1 that has done it, has anyone else had this happen.

i had the leather and interior pack thing done when i bought the car so i pulled out the paper work to ring them and see what the go was but then i saw i was suppose to take it to them every year for a checkup or some crap and i had no idea, so im thinking when i ring them they are gonna tell me to stick it as ive had the car for 16 months now.

also does anyone know where in sydney would be the best place to go and pick up some of this stuff, i want to do it this weekend and if i buy online i'm no chance to get it this week
    Last edited by nath_2106; 25-08-2009 at 07:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nath_2106 View Post
    on my front passenger seat 1 of the leather uppers has gone a bit of a weird colour, its sort of faded and spotted a dullish grey colour but its the only 1 that has done it, has anyone else had this happen.

i had the leather and interior pack thing done when i bought the car so i pulled out the paper work to ring them and see what the go was but then i saw i was suppose to take it to them every year for a checkup or some crap and i had no idea, so im thinking when i ring them they are gonna tell me to stick it as ive had the car for 16 months now.

also does anyone know where in sydney would be the best place to go and pick up some of this stuff, i want to do it this weekend and if i buy online i'm no chance to get it this week
    That's a perfect example of why these packs from the dealership aren't popular...

Also, not sure what products you are after, but delivery to Sydney doesn't take that long. We even get Wednesday's orders delivered before the weekend. It's only Tuesday.

That sounds like the coating has failed and subsequently the colour is deterioriating. If you want someone to have a look at it and give you an opinion if its treatable head to car care products. They are at 15/5 Parsons St, Rozelle

ill try to get some pics, would this be covered under any sort of warranty

ill try to get some pics, would this be covered under any sort of warranty
    Most likely no. They will say you didnt care for it properly by not going back and having the reapplication done unfortunately. It would be worth a try though

13. Default

i seem to have a lot of dust built up on my seats. i have a ducted vacuum cleaner so it's pretty strong but dust still seems to puff up if i smack the seat with my hand. any ideas or tricks to clean it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    That sounds like the coating has failed and subsequently the colour is deterioriating. If you want someone to have a look at it and give you an opinion if its treatable head to car care products. They are at 15/5 Parsons St, Rozelle

Hey! I'm attending a detailing clinic there on Saturday with a buddy of mine. Really looking forward to it, too. I have so many questions and am keen to learn more about paint care. I'll let everyone know how I found it to be. Maybe there are some more spaces available if anyone is interested. $40.00 for 4 hours inc lunch. I think that is more than fair.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by crackman View Post
    i seem to have a lot of dust built up on my seats. i have a ducted vacuum cleaner so it's pretty strong but dust still seems to puff up if i smack the seat with my hand. any ideas or tricks to clean it?
    You will need to shampoo them to remove it all. You can pay a detailer to do it or hire the machine from wollies and DIY

Quote Originally Posted by IPSIST View Post

Hey! I'm attending a detailing clinic there on Saturday with a buddy of mine. Really looking forward to it, too. I have so many questions and am keen to learn more about paint care. I'll let everyone know how I found it to be. Maybe there are some more spaces available if anyone is interested. $40.00 for 4 hours inc lunch. I think that is more than fair.

Mark
    You will learn heaps mate. Its a great morning

After starting the thread, I actually cleaned my interior. Quite a few times!

For the leather parts I'm using Megauirs Leather Conditioner and for the interior plastics I'm using an Auto Glym product. Keeps things looking very good.

17. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    You will need to shampoo them to remove it all. You can pay a detailer to do it or hire the machine from wollies and DIY
    how much do you charge? roughly?

and is it hard DIY? those things look nasty.

Quote Originally Posted by crackman View Post
    how much do you charge? roughly?

and is it hard DIY? those things look nasty.
    Around $100.

Nah the DIY is simple. you pull the trigger and it sprays the solution then you just vac over it and it sucks everything up

Just pay someone to come and do it for you mate. By the time you hire the thing and then mess around with it...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12