User Tag List

Thread: CD Track Info - How to programme Screen

Default CD Track Info - How to programme Screen

Hey Everyone,
    As i'm a dinosaur and still play CDs in the car, i'm wondering how you display the track info on the screen as when i play CDs no info is displayed when i switch the screen to audio. From what i've heard it should show the CD Title, Current Song Title & Artist.

Thanks
    Bob

Hi Bob.
    I'm not sure what system the GenII has, but generally speaking, that kind of info (artist, album, title) is not available on standard CDs (Known as AIF or WAV files).
    That type of info is only embedded on MP3 files.
    Sooo... to get that info to show up, you need to import your Led Zep/Deep Purple/ Tiny Tim CD collection onto your computer using itunes or something similar. The process of importing may change the file format from AIF to MP3, or you may have to manually convert it. Once the tunes are imported, you then burn CDs of your favourite albums, or create mix CDs, of whatever songs, but now as MP3 files. The beauty here is that a standard AIF CD can only hold about 70 minutes of music. A CD containing MP3s can hold possibly upwards of 5 hours.
    Anyway, to cut a long story short, in my MPS6 I need to be playing MP3 cds, not standard cds, in order to see the info you are after.
    Hope that helps. Shoot me a pm if it doesn't make sense.

Thanks Guitar....big help, sounds like more convenient as well with longer playing time etc.