User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Smart Key Outta Battery...

Default Gen 2 Smart Key Outta Battery...

So i'm having this stupid issues with the smart key wondering if anyone has had it already..

Before i went overseas on my holiday 1 of my keys kept saying it was outta battery, as the result i took it to Mazda and had them replaced with a new battery. Costed something like 8 bucks..

Then, a week later it just stopped working, no light no detection nothing.. So because i was leaving so close to my leaving date and also some fool ran into my car, i had to cancel the 2nd appointment for the battery. I got back home 1+ month later and started using the 2nd key..

Not long after, the 2nd key started saying its outta battery so off to Mazda i went, that was last friday..

Both keys then worked... Costed me close to 18 bucks.. Ok then, so now im back to using my 1st key... Which stopped working tonight just as i got home again... is the issue with these damn keys!!?? Its a KEY! How can it get so wrong?

Is it the key thats broken or the battery?? Any experiences?? It is seriously the last thing i need for going into Mazda like 3 times... Apparently, if its the key theres a chance its gonna cost like $230? Something close to that for a new one, unless it was done under warranty which i would assume it would be in this case but who knows, its Mazda...
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Maybe silly Mazda gave you the wrong battery.

Check if its CR2025.

If the car is under warranty then it shouldn't cost you anything to get it fixed

Peter "SLIXX"

4. Default

mine is randomly giving me a 'low battery' warning but it's not very consistent. i've been ignoring it. will probably cost me one of these days when i get stuck somewhere!

Could be possible the batteries the Mazda dealer used are old stock and have lost some charge maybe? From a fully charged battery you should be getting a good year or more I'd have thought

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

What battery do you need, mine has started saying the same thing.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

So apparently i'll be getting a new one under warranty, just cause its playing up that much and i've been in there like twice already.. Not too sure what battery they put in hey, u could do it urself cause theres instructions on the manual but i'm scared i'm gonna wreck it.

Never had any issues with mine *knock on wood*

Replaced battery on my key once, was quite easy actually thanks to the instructions.

Battery died on me in the morning as i was going to work.

Worst case scenario, there is the physical key which i've used once.

mines starting to say low battery too, after 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthMPS View Post
    mines starting to say low battery too, after 2 years.

Mine's almost 2 years old too. Might get the dealer to do it, they finally contacted me to let me know they sorted the auto lock function out and to stop by as it only takes a couple of minutes to do.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

Have the same issue. Went to Southcity Mazda today and Barb (from servicing) said they had a Celestial Blue (same model as mine) in with the same issue and mentioned that the key was or is being replaced under warranty. They checked the battery and said it had enough charge so they cleaned up the terminals. Will see if this fixes it. My feeling is it won't after coming across this tread.

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Have the same issue. Went to Southcity Mazda today and Barb (from servicing) said they had a Celestial Blue (same model as mine) in with the same issue and mentioned that the key was or is being replaced under warranty. They checked the battery and said it had enough charge so they cleaned up the terminals. Will see if this fixes it. My feeling is it won't after coming across this tread.
    ! The person Barb is talking about would be me.
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08

hehe..i though so! Name's Bob btw!

Nice to meet ya Bob, yea i'm going in on Fri to see what the deal is with this key Sigh... My car is infamous around that service department, everyone know it for the wrong reasons...

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    hehe..i though so! Name's Bob btw!
    Current:

Changed mine today... Easy.

Buy these.

Open here.

And open here.

Install battery here.

2 for $10. But you can get them cheaper at Jaycar Electronics.

Cheers
    Brad.
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

I had mine replaced at 30k service, ~18 months. $8 from Mazda.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    Changed mine today... Easy.

2 for $10. But you can get them cheaper at Jaycar Electronics.

Cheers
    Brad.
    Thanks Brad. Mine needs changing, going to go buy these tomorrow.
    GENII 2009 MPS VR POV PACK | TIPS THANKS TO MAZDA3MPS (IAN) | KUMHO KU36 235/40/18 TYRES | PRIMA PAINT PROTECTION BY ZAS | LAKIN CUSTOM PLATES | MPS & OZMPSCLUB.COM BRUSHED ALUMINIUM DECALS (THEY COUNT AS MODS RIGHT?)| WISHLIST...60 DURO REAR ENGINE MOUNT | RIMS PAINTED/GT RIMS

$7.48 for 2 batteries from big W and some helpful instructions by Bradles and I now have a charged up remote

He's good value that Braddles

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

Good value there Linda. Glad to help!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast