User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gen 2 Smart Key Outta Battery...

I have 2009 Gen II MPS 3
    Changed the battery about 6 months ago and had to change it yesterday

I wonder if the autolock consumes more battery?

Peter "SLIXX"

Interesting. I suppose the car is interrogating the key more often. On the other hand, I wonder what frequency (as in how many times) does the key talk to the car, or whether it's just a proximity thing. I imagine the key wouldn't transmit until it read a predetermined signal strength from the car. Or...different quality battery?

3. Default

Ahhhh @#$%ing great. Instead of reading this thread or opening up the key to have a look at the battery first, I go straight for the owners manual. Normally I'd presume this would be a sensible thing to do but obviously not with a Mazda.

CR1620 or equivalent it says, open up the key and what do I find? A CR2025 as shown in the images above.

And yes, I've already purchased 2 x CR1620 to replace both key batteries!

Quote Originally Posted by tonks39 View Post
    Ahhhh @#$%ing great. Instead of reading this thread or opening up the key to have a look at the battery first, I go straight for the owners manual. Normally I'd presume this would be a sensible thing to do but obviously not with a Mazda.

CR1620 or equivalent it says, open up the key and what do I find? A CR2025 as shown in the images above.

And yes, I've already purchased 2 x CR1620 to replace both key batteries!
    That's what I did. That's what you should do! But I did notice several types keys, maybe that's what got ya!
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Yeldarb View Post
    That's what I did. That's what you should do! But I did notice several types keys, maybe that's what got ya!
    So you just put the 1620 in yours? From what i can gather after searching, they are the same except for their size dimensions.

Na, did the CR2025. That's what my manual said.

7. Default

thanks. will check again this afternoon. am sure there were only about 3 pages dedicated to the key, and nothing about our keys in there. either way i now know

Ahhh, I see what you mean. You need to go to another chapter, earlier in the book, about the Smart Key. There's a special section just for our type of key and it mentions the battery there.

9. Default

Yep checked this afternoon when I got home. I looked in the index for "Key". But it's under "Advanced Key" and about 20 pages prior. I don't feel so silly for missing it, could be layed out a lot better :P

I agree. Seems weird to split the keys in the manual. But glad you found it.

So my 2nd key (one that didn't get replaced under warranty, but had battery replaced at the same time) is now saying to me that its low on battery. Only after a few months.. I think its got to do with that smart lock thingy because i realised that if u turn ur car off and just sit in the car for awhile then the key actually communicates with the car every like 5 seconds. U'll see a little red flash from the remote. Which begs the question that is it in fact draining the battery? I do often sit in the car with the car turned off just chatting to my mates and stuff so that could be the case..

Worth noting... DO NOT SIT IN UR CAR WHEN ITS TURNED OFF, IT CAN DRAIN THE BATTERY lol
    Current:
    CP-e: Xcel Nano Intake/ Nviscid TIP/ TMIC/ HPFP/ Stage 2 REM/xFlex Driv/ Pass EM 75/ UR 3" Turbo- Back Exhaust/ RichTune Custom/ HKS SSQV Typ 3/ DBA 4000 Rotors/ Remsa Pads/ Tein SS Coilovers/ Whiteline (F&R) Sway Bars/ AutoExe: Turbo Suction Kit/ Strut Tower Bar/ Floor Cross Bar/ Lower Arm Bar (F&R)/ Sports Steering Wheel/TWM: A6 Leopard Gearknob/ Solid Base Bushings/ Work: 11R-FT 18X8.5/ RS Lock Nuts/ CP-e Tow Plate/ Yokohama AD08
    Delivery/ Install: HKS EVC6/ JBR: Oil Catch Can

Default Gen 2 Smart Key Outta Battery...

My key has had the battery replaced twice now second time was Tuesday. The car is still telling me low battery. Rang Mazda they want the car for a while to put it on the computer. Grr. Better get it sorted thou am out of warranty in November lol

Sent from somewhere in this big wide world....

Quote Originally Posted by missjody9 View Post
    My key has had the battery replaced twice now second time was Tuesday. The car is still telling me low battery. Rang Mazda they want the car for a while to put it on the computer. Grr. Better get it sorted thou am out of warranty in November lol

When your warranty runs out, just call @Yeldarb to replace it for you
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    Haha good idea. Should last longer then two days thou so hopefully they can sort that part out ASAP

Queenslands Bossy Bitch

I've had the same issue with my key & the only other person I know on the forum with an identical problem is Eddie (3MPSPWR). Oddly enough we all own Celestial Blue 2009 Gen2s .

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    I've had the same issue with my key & the only other person I know on the forum with an identical problem is Eddie (3MPSPWR). Oddly enough we all own Celestial Blue 2009 Gen2s .

Silly me, just realised this IS Eddie's thread...i blame the bourbon

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeine Fiend View Post
    I'm not cheap. Coffee/cheesecase or Norman Pub Steak...
    Redbull is DEAD!!

Long live the Redbull ... V2

Default Re: Gen 2 Smart Key Outta Battery...

Not cheap but surprisingly easy

So I've heard.......

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    Caff Mobile Mk1 - 2010 Aluminum Gen II | 2XS SRI | H&R Lowered Springs | cpe 75 Duro Engine Mount | Whiteline Rear Swaybar | Moog "Problem Solver" Rear Endlinks | 3M Carbon Black Tint | Lakin Custom Plates | Opti-Coat Paint Protection | Paint Correction by Me - SOLD

Caff Mobile Mk2 - 2008 BMW Z4M Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic | Stock....for now

Quote Originally Posted by MPSBNE View Post
    Silly me, just realised this IS Eddie's thread...i blame the bourbon
    Interesting that we all own CB'S isn't it and naughty bourbon!

Queenslands Bossy Bitch

Cheesecase??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast