User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 6 MPS - SURE Motorsports Rear Engine Mount

Default Mazda 6 MPS - SURE Motorsports Rear Engine Mount

Just installed the rear engine mount today which I received probably a month ago from SURE Motorsports.

ALOT of swearing, its a bloody tight fit.

I ended up getting it done, was damn happy.

Both bolts are torqued at 65 ft lb.

The car has NO vibrations???

2nd gear WOT then release still feels the same as when I had the OEM rear engine mount, it would feel like the engine drops and makes a loud CLUNK.

Am I meant to torque it tighter or anything? Mark from SURE Motorsports told me that 50-60 ft lb is fine.

But what is going on... I have no vibes and the engine is still moving

I ended up getting it done, was damn happy.
    Well done!

The car has NO vibrations???
    Bonus?

Both bolts are torqued at 65 ft lb.
    My mechanic suggested 60-65 ft lb.

But what is going on... I have no vibes and the engine is still moving
    I'll have an answer as soon as I get mine installed. Stay tuned, hopefully someone can answer it before me though.
    Mazda6 MPS

BNR STAGE 1 - COBB ACCESSPORT STAGE 2 - CP-e HIGH PRESSURE FUEL PUMP - CP-E DOWNPIPE - 3" MAGNAFLOW ZORST - DENSO ITV22 SPARK PLUGS - COBB SF INTAKE - COBB TURBO INLET PIPE - JBR 70a TRILOGY MOUNTS - SURE ANCHORS - SURE COUNTERWEIGHT - 2XS SHORT SHIFT PLATE - 2XS STEALTH BLOW OFF VALVE - KING PERFORMANCE LOWERED SPRINGS - BILSTEIN B8 SHOCKS - WHITELINE REAR SWAY BAR - DBA 4000 CROSS DRILLED ROTORS - HAWK PERFORMANCE HPS BRAKE PADS

Yes it would be a bonus if there were no vibrations but I feel no difference in the car after the install. It feels the same... maybe there's something wrong since there is MEANT TO BE some vibrations...?

Putting vibrations aside, what about the other supposed effects such as shifting?

Is there an improvement in that respect? More downforce to the wheels etc. Or is it just a stock feel like you say?

Just feels stock... going to torque the bolts harder tomorrow morning and see if any differences will come up.

Seems strange, instant improvement with my Cp-e one... No engine 'hop' under hard accelerating/gear changes and would previously struggle to change from 2nd to 3rd... All better with new mount.
    Vibrations at very low speeds, reversing but nothing too major.

Weird how you ain't felt a change, good luck finding the solution.

I have the same prob but mine is not as bad. The sure rem was better then my stock mount because if you see my stock mount most of the rubber was sliced but under hard acceleration and let it go without putting the clutch in I get like an engine drop noise. I think the noise is coming from the engine bracket if you look closely at the pic I'm gonna post now you will see the rubber im talking about when I was changing my REM I had noticed that the rubber was chewed away also, I've been meaning to change mine but I've just been busy with work I'm going to ring up mazda and get a price on em
    I dont know if this worked but I'll upload it a different way tapatalk has two ways up uploads
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1315435783.729195.jpg 
Views:	256 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	9539  

Is it possible one of your other engine mounts has failed? I was looking through the service history on my car and one of the other mounts was changed at 30,000km (I think the driver's side). I believe this may be a known issue at least in the 6, and may account for the engine movement.

Also, Cullen from SURE told me 65 ft lbs for tightening

Is there any chance the one you already had was an aftermarket one? Could explain why you haven't noticed any difference maybe? I know the cp-e version doesn't have any logos (well mine didn't anyway).

Andy if I hadn't read what you said about the driver side mount I would probably of never looked at my driver side engine mount and guess what it's got a round slice on the mount pretty much half of it was sliced cheers mate

Just called west end Mazda in north parramatta $365 for a drivers side engine mount any1 know of any aftermarket one of these if so can you guys send me a link or direct me to the right place and I also asked them about the rubber in the engine bracket (the pic I posted up before with the red arrow) they don't sell the rubber on it's own because the rubber is pressed into the bracket and the engine bracket is $102 cheers guys

if your regretting it, ill happily take it off your hands

Quote Originally Posted by andy b View Post
    Is it possible one of your other engine mounts has failed? I was looking through the service history on my car and one of the other mounts was changed at 30,000km (I think the driver's side). I believe this may be a known issue at least in the 6, and may account for the engine movement.

Also, Cullen from SURE told me 65 ft lbs for tightening
    Any idea where the other mounts are located? I only know where the rear engine mount is, if that's the case I will probably just go to the dealer and get the OEM mounts as I've never heard of an aftermarket driver's side mount or passenger side etc.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fully6mps View Post
    Is there any chance the one you already had was an aftermarket one? Could explain why you haven't noticed any difference maybe? I know the cp-e version doesn't have any logos (well mine didn't anyway).
    No it was a stock one.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rayd View Post
    if your regretting it, ill happily take it off your hands
    Haha you're dreaming!

Quote Originally Posted by MaxMPS View Post
    Just called west end Mazda in north parramatta $365 for a drivers side engine mount any1 know of any aftermarket one of these if so can you guys send me a link or direct me to the right place and I also asked them about the rubber in the engine bracket (the pic I posted up before with the red arrow) they don't sell the rubber on it's own because the rubber is pressed into the bracket and the engine bracket is $102 cheers guys
    I am not too sure about the 3, I have seen a few on various US websites (ie Streetunit) however they are likely to be more rough than OEM. I don't know if there has been an improvement to the design of the standard ones, but I haven't had an issue and am now on 115,000km. Maybe someone with a 3 will know, there might also be a TSB out on them but I have no idea where to look them up.

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by High on PSI View Post
    Any idea where the other mounts are located? I only know where the rear engine mount is, if that's the case I will probably just go to the dealer and get the OEM mounts as I've never heard of an aftermarket driver's side mount or passenger side etc.
    I can't really say but I think you can see them under the bonnet, one is on the drivers side where the engine and body are bolted together, and the other is on the passenger side connecting the transmission to the body.

There are aftermarket options but as I mentioned in my previous post I think the NVH levels are higher. Have a look on Streetunit?

well i have the AWR passenger and transmission engine mounts aswell as the sure diff mounts (brace and front) on there way and should be here soon, im expecting zero engine movement, a stiff rear end and HUGE vibes

16. Default

No vibes... interesting....have you turned on your aircon yet?

Yes I have, absolutely NOTHING! Kind of worries me lol.

I tightened my mount to "tight" no idea on torque settings, I wouldn't worry about it, just don't have it loose

Mazda workshop manual states the oem one should be torqued to 116.6nm for front and rear bolts on the dog bone mount. which is alot more than the 65 odd nm that Sure says to torque their mount :S

Default Mazda 6 MPS - SURE Motorsports Rear Engine Mount

Quote Originally Posted by Supereunos View Post
    Mazda workshop manual states the oem one should be torqued to 116.6nm for front and rear bolts on the dog bone mount. which is alot more than the 65 odd nm that Sure says to torque their mount :S
    Does anyone know how to convert this to ft-pounds?

As stated 65 is what Sure recommend and say this is what the stock one is torqued to. I tightened mine to 70 just in case.

Peter "SLIXX"

Snapped by Tangcla - FB Page
    Currently RaydTuned
    Lots of love from 2XS Racing & Dan's Garage Detailing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast