Filed under: Motorsports, Convertible, Performance, Mazda, Canada, Racing

We're officially less than five days from the first stage of the 2011 Targa Newfoundland, and I'm frantically busy trying to cram as much information into my brain before arriving in St. John's as I possibly can. Having never navigated in a rally, there's a slew of symbols, terminology and theory to absorb before the green flag drops on September 10.

Then there's the small issue of establishing a working relationship with the Terratrip on-board vehicle computer. The thing has an instruction manual that could have been written by a Soviet-era novelist, and while I think I'll only be responsible for a few button mashes here and there, I don't want to be the guy who accidentally recalibrates the machine or keys in the self-destruct code. Keep on reading to see how the rest of our preparations are proceeding.Continue reading The Road to Targa Newfoundland, Part 3: Homework and gearing up
The Road to Targa Newfoundland, Part 3: Homework and gearing up originally appeared on Autoblog on Tue, 06 Sep 2011 18:59:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Email this | Comments

More...